Author Topic: Have a mini stealth T that isn't!! Fat32 and cannot be formatted. Waste of money!!!!  (Read 2626 times)

Cliff3313

• Calf

I purchased a mini Station Stealth USB 3.0 because it was listed on Amazon as Fat32 out of the box. Not even close!!! I have an Alienware computer running XP and every ime I have gone into SwissKnife (recommended by many here) to format the drive, as soon a I open the application and click the drive the Stealth is connected to, I get a Explorer Error window and the entire process shuts down. This is been going on for over a month through several windows and explorer updates. I cannot format the drive which makes this product Totally Worthless and a waste of my time and money. Not to mention it is NOT Fat32 compatible out of the box. My PS3 doesn't even find it when it's plugged in..................what a joke!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
All ministations and drivestations are NTFS out of the box, if amazon say otherwise then take the issue up with them. You cannot blame buffalo on an issue with someone else's website.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Cliff3313

• Calf

I read the product description before the purchase. I buy over 500.00 a month via Amazon and the product info is not Amazon's guess work. It's Buffalo's quality control or customer service, sales rep etc, mistake. 

How can Amazon be held responsible for product description? Sony writes up what a PS3 systems is, Casio, Rolex, Invicta, HP.........yada yada yada...................................you're sooooo wrong.

You probably do work for Buffalo. Typical bs response, ducking behind the store for cover

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Lol you spend 500 a month!! CONGRATZ! However unlike yourself, I'm not an arrogant idiot and I can admit when I'm wrong. Rule number 1, when checking specs, go to the manufacturers website because retailers can and do get it wrong. However, your obviously not going to listen to me or anyone else here so continuing with this thread (for me anyways) is pointless.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Jotin

• Big Bull

Whoa whoa whoa guys! Let's keep it friendly here. When posting here we are looking for answers, not to flame. With that being said the device is supposed to come in FAT32, as stated on both amazon.com and on our website. If they changed this to have them ship in NTFS then I will have this information updated on our website and our authorized retailers.

What happens if you just try and format the drive through disk management and not through this application? What error do you get?

And no, Davo does not work with me. If he did he'd have a nice shiny Mod or Admin tag on his name. He's posted a lot on this forum and is a valued member who has helped a lot of people with his knowledge of our products.

Cliff3313

• Calf

It won't format when I plug in into my desk usb port. Let's me get the window that shows the drive, size and option to Quick Format, then when I click to format in Fat32 I get a message that windows is unable to format the rive. When I use the Swiss app, as soon as I click the USB drive the device is using, (G), I get booted off the application, (closes) and get a Explorer error window. Sent about 200 of those the Microsoft already but haven't got any update that let's me use my Swiss app to format the drive as of today.

Just a waste , since I bought it specifically because it was listed as Fat32 ready!!  That is why it was purchased. I wanted to upgrade my hard drives on my PS3's to 500gb, and PS3 is Fat32 only. Since it doesn't read the device, it's of no use to me.

I bough a 64gb Flash USB stick and my PS3 finds that everytime I use it but I need more than 64gb to back-up my system

Jotin

• Big Bull

Wait, so you purchased this drive to remove the drive from the enclosure and insert the drive to your PS3 to ugprade the internal drive of your Ps3? You do realize that the internal drive of the Ps3 is actually formated to XFS, a linux file system? The drive will automaticaly be formated to XFS by the PS3 when you upgrade the drive.

Have you tried formating this with a different PC? The drive may just have been DOA.

edit* after re reading that I understand what you ment now. I apologize about that.