Author Topic: Fail to connect to Buffalo NAS Linkstation Duo  (Read 16667 times)

Raywyt

• Calf
Fail to connect to Buffalo NAS Linkstation Duo
« on: April 05, 2012, 01:30:33 AM »

I am having problem to connect to my Buffalo NAS Linkstation Duo (LS-WXL/e-AP) after I update the firmware to 1.56. It show below. CAn you help?

1. Discovering Tera/Linkstation on the Network
  2. (NAS Name) is not set correctly.

Do you wish to set Date and time on your computer?

Yes/No

I press Yes

1. Cannot connect to (NAS Name)

Do you wish to automatically correct IP address?

Yes/No

I press Yes

Fail to adjust (NAS Name) time due to wrong time setting.

Failed to change the IP address of (NAS Name)

cristen_

• Tatanka
Re: Fail to connect to Buffalo NAS Linkstation Duo
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 12:52:22 PM »

Typically, these messages indicate that the unit failed to pull DHCP from your router. Do you have this unit hooked up to either a router or a switch? When the unit fails to pull DHCP from your router/switch, the unit is at its default IP address of 192.168.11.150. From here, you can try to either reset the unit, or, hardwire this unit directly to your computer, set a static IP address to an 11. subnet (ie: 192.168.11.100) and then log into the web interface of the device at its default IP. Once logged in, you can go to the tab for Network and set the IP address to the same subnet as your router. Also, swapping out the ethernet cable that connects this unit to your network is always a good idea as well.

spicefoo

• Calf
Re: Fail to connect to Buffalo NAS Linkstation Duo
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 04:26:27 AM »

Hi! 

I had the same problem with our LS-XS. I checked the Default Gateway of our LinkStation and compared it to the Default Gateway of our current network. I noticed that they were different. (LinkStation's Default Gateway was 192.168.1.1 while our network's Default Gateway was 192.168.0.1). This happened because I changed the router to which our LinkStation connects to. Solution was to connect it to the old router, modify the gateway to match the new router and it worked! 

Hope this helps.