Author Topic: "Could not open the shared folder" after trying to browse from an Android phone  (Read 2600 times)

baroquedub

• Calf

I have an LS-GL which has been working just fine until I tried to access it from my Android phone using ES File Explorer. The phone app never managed to connect (it timed out) and now the share doesn't even work from a Windows machine.

The web admin works just fine but if I try 'Browse Share' from NasNavigator I get the following error: "Could not open the shared folder. Confirm drive status". From web admin I can see that the share still exists, in fact it's still successfully running an overnight back-up to an attached USB disk.

I've tried resetting the NAS and I've forced a firmware update, but still the same error.

When I try to 'map the remote default share to a drive letter' I get "Failed mapping. Remote default share is missing" and when I go to the run command and try \\192.168.0.124 (the IP address of the NAS) I get "Windows cannot access \\192.168.0.124" (although the same IP address works just fine in a web browser to access web admin.

Any help much appreciated! Could the Android app have somehow corrupted the drive's software, and if so how can I get it working again?

Thanks!

Jotin

• Big Bull

baroquedub

• Calf

Thanks Jotin. I'd tried that once before but had ommitted step 8. "Right click on the title bar of the firmware update window and choose Debug (D)" In the resulting window  Force Update was not ticked... Just tried it again with that ticked and it's got my LinkStation back online. Many, many thanks! Much appreciated.