Author Topic: uTorrent weirdness  (Read 1817 times)

Zippy1970

• Calf
uTorrent weirdness
« on: March 26, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »

Since a few months, my uTorrent installation on my Buffalo LS-XHL NAS is acting weird.

Every now and then, my entire list of active and inactive torrents in the WebUI will disappear entirely. If I look inside the _torrent directory, I see them all (and more). Also, sometimes when a torrent has finished downloading, it will not move out of the _active directory. I need to manually move it to another directory.

Anyone an idea what's going on?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: uTorrent weirdness
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »

What firmware version are you running on this unit? Have you tried to initialize the bittorent settings?

Zippy1970

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:54:40 PM »

Firmware 1.34.

I know this is not the latest but I've never had any problems with uTorrent before. This started a few months ago and it seems to get progressively worse...

What do you mean with "initialize the bittorrent settings"?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 03:46:06 PM »

Zippy1970 wrote:

Firmware 1.34.

I know this is not the latest but I've never had any problems with uTorrent before. This started a few months ago and it seems to get progressively worse...

What do you mean with "initialize the bittorrent settings"?

Log onto the web admin page -> Extensions -> Bit Torrent -> "initialize the bittorrent settings"

Also update to the 1.57 and reset the unit via the admin page once done (System -> Extentions -> Restore Linkstation to Factory Defaults)

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!