Author Topic: Web Access doesn't load for LinkStation Pro Duo LS-WVL  (Read 2444 times)

kfchoong

• Calf
Web Access doesn't load for LinkStation Pro Duo LS-WVL
« on: March 22, 2012, 01:40:02 AM »

Hi,

One of my harddisk in the LinkStation Pro Duo LS-WVL/R1 died and after replacing with a new drive, I am getting a message saying that the device is operating in a degraded mode. I wanted to login via the web access to re-generate the RAID 1,  but I am not able to load the web access page. To be exact, the page is "loading", but never "loaded". The text input of Login name and password is never shown.

After checking that page using Firebug, it looks like the there is an Internal Server Error while loading "dynamic.pl".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Web Access doesn't load for LinkStation Pro Duo LS-WVL
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:44:10 AM »

Have you tried from a different browser or tried to restart the LinkStation? You could also try and remove the drive and see if you are able to access the web interface. The disk may just be defective.

kfchoong

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 04:15:43 AM »

I have tried different browsers and the results are the same.

If I were to remove both drives, will I still be able to access the web interface? I have tried removing the brand new replacement drive, only booting with the old working drive and I am still unable to load the web interface.

I have tried re-flashing the firmware and the behavour is still the same  :(

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:22:35 AM »

That is rather odd. Let's try plugging the unit directly to your PC and try and access the web interface that way. If the unit has a static IP address set you will need to set your PC's ethernet card to a similar IP address to communicate with the Linkstation. If it does not then we can reset the LinkStation and have both your PC and your Linkstation on dhcp so they can both see each other. You can use the Nas Navi to find the IP address in this case. Here is the reset process.

Please switch the unit to off and wait until the lights are off.

Hold the function button for 10 seconds while it is still off.

While still holding the function button after 10 seconds please flip the switch to on.

Once the function light begins to blink release the function button and press it again for one second.

Wait until the power light is solid and this will restore your unit.

This process will not delete any data and will only restore the admin password and set the IP address back to DHCP.

oralie

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 12:40:19 AM »
That is strange. Let's try connecting slime rancher 2 the unit to your PC and accessing the web interface that way. If the device has a static IP address configured, you must configure your PC's ethernet card to a similar IP address in order to communicate with the Linkstation. If it doesn't, we can reset the LinkStation and put both your PC and Linkstation on DHCP so they can see each other. In this scenario, you can utilize Nas Navi to find the IP address. The reset procedure is outlined below. Please turn off the unit and wait till the lights go out.
While the device is turned off, hold the function button for 10 seconds. while still clutching the