Author Topic: Error accessing BuffaloNas.com - LinkStation Pro Duo  (Read 11446 times)

Edin

• Calf
Error accessing BuffaloNas.com - LinkStation Pro Duo
« on: October 04, 2008, 11:18:06 AM »

When I try to assign a name for my LinkStation Pro Duo in Web Access, and set Web Access Service, I get error:  "Error accessing BuffaloNas.com, check internet settings."

My Internet is accessable, my router have UPnP enabled, I disabled Windows' firewall, disabled virus proterction software...  Did the same from Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista Business...   Still not getting through.  No clue what this means.  Could it be that registration service does not work over the weekend?  I can access BuffaloNas.com via web browser.

Can someone help?  Please...

Edin

• Calf
Re: Error accessing BuffaloNas.com - LinkStation Pro Duo
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »

Never mind.  I needed to manually enter DNS servers...  Not explained in manual.

All working now.

ecovoyageur

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 11:51:44 AM »

What do you mean ? Where do you enter DNS ?

I have the same problem and did not figure out the solution.

Thx

marc

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:37:07 AM »
Some set ups require DNS if you are not using a dns server on your network then please open port 9000 in your router to the ip address of the NAS

theinnerlink

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 05:29:00 PM »
   okay.  i added the dns and the update was successful.  how do i access my files now?

LS1Zedder

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 06:26:22 AM »
   I had this working but I had to reset to defaults on my Linkstation Live 500 GB to erase some failed backup messages.  Now I can not seem to get this to work again.  I get the same message as above.  I have forwarded port 9000 in the setting on my Linksys router.   Can someone help?  Stuff like port settings and DNS are a little beyond my computer comfort zone.
Message Edited by LS1Zedder on 11-08-2008 06:26 AM

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 09:58:49 AM »

In your router you need to have port 9000 tcp/udp forwarded to the IP address of the Buffalo NAS.

as far as the DNS settings if you don't know what yours is you can put in the IP of your router.  

cmas

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 09:12:31 PM »

I had to change my router and everything works even FTP, but I can't use the BuffaloNAS.com site anymore to share files.

I messed around with the settings and disabled UPnP. Now I can't enable it, so I forwarded the port 9000 manually. Hopefully my FTP still works.

Is there anything I need to do to be able to use the BuffaloNAS.com again? Does it have anything to do with the BuffaloNAS.com name or key?

thanks

mike_a

• Calf
Error accessing - LinkStation Pro Duo FTP page
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 11:02:59 AM »

Good Morning,

I'm looking for help with a very unusual problem.

I have a Linkstation duo setup at the office as an FTP and have a 'Pin Hole" setup to the ip address.

It has worked fine for months and still does for everybody except the guy that set it up, me!

Working from home:

I use the Buffalonas.com for access.  I enter my id and pw and the page begins to load,  I see what appears to be a error flash and then it shows 'Done"  What shows is the page with the bars at the top and the bottom and the Linkstation logo. No folders, just a white page.

My efforts to find the cause have been as follows:

Four different computers using xp, win7 ie7 and ie8.

Clean install of xp with no antivirus.

Two different dsl modems and routers

One dsl modem with no routers

Buffalo support has logged on twice with no problems.

So, has anyone experienced this type problem, or does anyone have any theory as to what to check next?

Mike