Author Topic: Media Server disconnect errors  (Read 16514 times)

chrisforfriends

• Calf
Re: Media Server disconnect errors
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 07:32:49 AM »

I keep this up, because I need a solution. My money is good, than the hardware must also be good! 

I've heard that some stores will sell no more Buffalo hardware because customers are dissatisfied.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 05:04:47 PM »

firmware 1.64 resolved several media streaming issues.

iroc1982

• Calf
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 07:04:45 PM »

Hi drmemory,

The latest firmware for my unit (TS-6VH18TL/R6) appears to be 1.14.  Can you tell me if the disconnect issue has been applied to this version?    I am also having issues when I try to update the firware from the Web interface, it tells me me the 1.12 firware is the latest.

Best Regards

iroc1982

Edit by admin - Hello iroc1982 updates for 1.14 are explained Here

chrisforfriends

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 02:12:49 AM »

drmemory wrote:

firmware 1.64 resolved several media streaming issues.

Not for me, same disconnect after about 15 minutes. It's the thirth LS-XL I've tried... I have now also tried with other DLNA devices and these also fall off after about 15 minutes. It is maddening to be ...

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2012, 10:17:00 AM »

do you have a static or dynamic IP on the linkstation? Have you checked your network to see if anything else has the same IP?

chrisforfriends

• Calf
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 11:20:49 AM »

drmemory wrote:

do you have a static or dynamic IP on the linkstation? Have you checked your network to see if anything else has the same IP?

I've tried both, also on few other routers, nothing works fine...

I suspect that the hard disk to sleep and no longer works. After the power interrupt, he works again for a few minutes.

chrisforfriends

• Calf
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 12:24:53 AM »

Meanwhile I have my LS-XL dozens devices tested, but I still get DLNA working for a long time. It is probably a general problem with 3TB appliances in Belgium purchased. I hope soon to obtain a solution.

Briefly explain. DLNA works when the power is turned on, but after 10 to 15 minutes it stops. After turning off the power and on again, it works again for a few minutes. He appears in a sleep mode.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »

we tested some LS-XLs here, with and without PCs on, with NasNavi on and off. We can't get an LS-XL to turn off, unless we use the GUI, or set it for sleep function. Are you streaming to a TV or PC? Is the blue light going off when the streaming stops? Have you tried streaming to a PC with VLC (free download?) If it streams to VLC without error, the DLNA is working on the Linkstation.

chrisforfriends

• Calf
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2013, 01:39:27 AM »

I have also tried with VLC, both on PC & Smartphone with same DNLA problem. I have now an experiment with the LS-XL another hard disk to mount 2TB and he does it well. The error seems to lie at the 3TB hard drive. I suspect that the firmware has problems with controlling 3TB because after test of the hard drive in a computer that appears just fine.

wormvortex

• Calf
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 12:07:09 PM »

Mines a 3TB one as well. Updating the firmware does not help! I've tried everything from 1.57-1.64 with 1.57-58 seeming to be the most stable. It only happens now and again. I have however updated my twonkyserver mnaully to version 6 as otherwise there is no .mkv support. So maybe that is helping and it's a twonkyserver issue?

It's quite clear it is not an issue with whatever it is being streamed to as it is happening across device. It is also not the NAS turning off or anything as it simply drops the connection for  fraction of a second. The nas still functions fine when it happens and I can simply start streaming again as soon as it disconnects. I do not have to turn the NAS of or anything to restore service.

AiKju

• Calf
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2013, 01:46:17 AM »
Hi all,
I seem to have the same problem with my TS5400D (16TB), Firmware 2.40-1.28. But I found out that the frequent disconnects are because of the Twonky Server 6.0.31R4. The server is crashing (Server uptime < 5min) and rescanning the database over and over again. I tried changing every feature but it didn't help. Maybe there is anybody out there to help with this information?