Author Topic: Linkstation pro, firmware 1.56 and twonky configuration...  (Read 3863 times)

maslig

• Calf
Linkstation pro, firmware 1.56 and twonky configuration...
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:54:33 AM »

Dear Buffalo Team,

I just bought a linkstation pro 2TB and updated to the latest firmware 1.56.

Sadly I am unable to access twonky's configuration through port :9050/config, I just get a blank page.

This is a really common issue, as you can see on your forum, a lot of users are complaining about this.

I need absolutely to access twonky's configuration page to enable the streaming of MKV files through DLNA to my samsung TV. Without this feature the hard disk is completely useless to me, and I will need to ask for a refund.

I've also tried an Iomega Home Media Network CE, where the Twonky configuration page is accessible and I was able to stream MKV files to my Samsung tv (this is a 1-0 for Iomega.).

Do you plan to release a firmware upgrade to enable twonky configuration page very soon?

Or do you have any solution (any un-released firmware or any way to access Twonky)?

Thank you

ML

migzy

• Tatanka
Re: Linkstation pro, firmware 1.56 and twonky configuration...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 01:14:43 PM »

we've asked this a milliion times, you might as well hit your head against a brick wall if you expect an answer from buffalo

maslig

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »

As long as you do not solve this serious problem I would recommend anyone to buy "Iomega Home Media Network CE". Tested and working perfectly.

I hope a new firmware is released soon. This product is useless for those points to dlna: Iomega does so admirably.

maslig

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:01:01 AM »

No one from buffalo support team?
Is it so hard to get where the others already are?
I'm waiting for a reply by email from the support, that I will publish here...

maslig

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 09:34:22 AM »

For everyone who wants to buy this product...

From buffalo support:

Customer Reference Number: -------

Dear --------------,

Thank you for contacting the Buffalo Helpdesk regarding your Buffalo device

I do understand your concern, and I can tell you that we do have an Alpha version of the firmware with support to MKV file extension, but we don't know whether or not will be included on the next firmware update.

Please understand I cannot issue a refund for a working unit.

If you require any further support please let us know.

Regards,

-------------

Buffalo Technology Helpdesk

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 09:38:48 AM »

There is no way to modify the DLNA server's settings outside of the web GUI. Currently our DLNA server does not support MKV. I have put in a request to have this feature updated but I do not know if this issue is being worked on or if a firmware update with Twonky 6 is planned.

maslig

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 09:59:02 AM »

Too bad Twonky is already out with Version 7, but I guess I'm/we're just asking too much from buffalo, which stopped at Version 5 and there are no updates planned... it's embarrassing

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 10:04:19 AM »

Ok, then I will ask if they can update to version 7. Updating a line of devices with a service isnt the same as updating your Pc's application with the latest upates. The server has to be intigrated in to our devices and fully tested and that is only after everything has been worked out and approved for the update. Requesting that users be able to update the service on their own is not an option that we can provide either because the service is intigrated into our firmware.

We  have 24/7 technical and pre sales support via phone and email so you can always ask your questions before you purchase the device.

maslig

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 10:14:50 AM »

You are right, sorry for the question post-sale, I would add for all those interested in this product:
"before you purchase the device", read this message.

maslig

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 01:46:22 PM »

From 1.56 to 1.57 and still no upgrade to Twonky.

Definitely Buffalo ignores all requests of its users.

I ordered a Iomega Home Media Network that I recommend to everyone who want to use NOW  the .mkv, because it does what it should do even if a little louder than the linkstation pro, but I prefer something that works.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »

We do not ignore requests from our customers. The fact that I am here saying this to you proves otherwise. I have put in the request for an upgrade to the Media Server. 1.57 was not intended to add a new version of Twonky.

migzy

• Tatanka
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 01:59:02 PM »

can we have the alpha version and install at our own risk

cheers