Author Topic: Can I disable mycloudstor.com on the Cloudstor?  (Read 3184 times)

milesxp_1

• Calf
Can I disable mycloudstor.com on the Cloudstor?
« on: March 01, 2012, 05:21:30 PM »

Hello,

For me it's a flaw of security, the management of the setting outside the box.  If a hacker get my account at cloudstor.pogoplug.com he got access all of my data and setting.

I hope in a near future to get a new firmware to got all of management inside the box and block cloudstor.pogoplug.com management.

the cloudstor.pogoplug.com just need a folder to manage.

it's my think.

Is it possible tu put the soft of the similar device LS-WVL/R1 on the CS-WV/1D, is more secure of the other other one?

Sylvain Marchand

milesxp_1

• Calf
Re: CloudStor security flaw is a problem for me
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 09:50:14 AM »

No any one as an answer for me?:smileysad:

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:55:26 AM »
Your argument is kinda invalid, you could say the exact same thing about your email account. Surely you should take preventative measures to ensure your account is not "hacked" in the first place!
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

milesxp_1

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 02:27:18 PM »

Explain to me, why I accep the two CIE ( pogoplug and buffalo) manage my home storage please...

Normaly when a normal guy buy a NAS, i'm not shure he want other of himself have access to his data.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 09:29:53 PM »

If you do not want your device to be accessiable via mycloudstor.com then do not allow the unit to access the internet. You can either remove it from a switch that has internet access or you can block the ports that mycloudstor.com uses. It is not possble to flash the Linkstation firmware to the Cloudstor.

milesxp_1

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:39:58 AM »

After that I loose the possibility to use UPNP DLNA server, for my PS3 and other rerender DLNA device.

This is not credible solution....

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:47:42 AM »
Then you have bought the wrong device! You should of bought a linkstation instead!!
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

milesxp_1

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 06:54:39 AM »

Possibly in the graphic of presentation of that cloudstor product, remove the local network.

It's a wrong publicity.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 07:43:08 AM »

You purchased the wrong product. You need to exchange it for a Linkstation. This turning close to turning into a flaming post and if it continues it will be deleted. The Cloudstor is well documented and we have 24/7 technical support and presales so you can find out about a product before you purchase.

milesxp_1

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 03:40:22 PM »

Nah, I return the NAS, except the IP config and maintenance, if my pogoplug account is hacked, All the NAS is exposed.

Thanks, but is not for me. I need the both of world security and share.

dickjohnson777

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 03:23:36 AM »

For any of you trying to protect your device from the "outside" world,  manually set your IP address information in the device.    

Use a static IP address

Use the proper subnet mask.

BUT.......Use a non existent or a blank Default Gateway.    For example if my default gateway is normally  192.168.0.1   use  192.168.0.247

Guess what??  The device will communicate fine with any other device on your network but will not be able to get outside that network (like the Internet)

Richard Johnson