Author Topic: LS-CHL vs iPhone  (Read 46773 times)

gerlo

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL vs iPhone
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 04:39:42 AM »

I had the same problem. For me the following worked : Change the folder settings under web access from 'Use inherited folder permissions' to 'Allow all groups / users' . Seems to be a bug though...

Can't access mp3's either in safari. I use the latest firmware (1.06.064) wich seems to be the same for European and american users ? (If you change the region in www.buffalo.com, you get the same download). This is a bummer because the ability of accessing mp3's on the iphone was the main reason i bought this nas !

gerlo

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 06:15:38 AM »

Seems to do with https (SSL) encryption. If i disable this function in the web access setup, the mp3 playing is working !

@El_Greco: Do you have the SSL encryption enabled too ? Can you try and disable it ?

Gerlo.

El_Greco

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 04:54:57 AM »

Hi Gerlo,

yep it works after disabling HTTPS/SSL .

Thank you for the tip! 

But is this the right way? I'd rather prefer to work with aktivated HTTPS. Well I hope there will be a solution soon.

At least the handling theme is still not what is told in press releases (full iphone support) 

gerlo

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 03:42:10 AM »
   I agree this is not the right way. Now, without SSL, your password and document-date are transported unencrypted over the internet !

peternie

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 04:29:26 AM »

My iphone 3g works last week but after updating to iphone OS 2.2.1 and LS PRO DU to 3.09 I receive the same "user not authorised" message. I didn't change anything, neither HTTPS/SSL nor special folder rights.

I have no idea how to reactivate my iphone access ? Please help !!!

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 07:02:04 PM »

From all your posts, it seems like the iPhone doesn't like SSL. Can anyone confirm that the issue happens when SSL is disabled?

Please post with your model number and current firmware version to assist in diagnosis.

Message Edited by Colin137 on 02-02-2009 07:03 PM

peternie

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 01:53:56 AM »

I can confirm that I have the problems without using https.

Last week everything worked with https except MP3 streaming, therefore I disabled https and everything worked fine.

This week I have no access to my LS PRO DUO 3.09 with my iPhone 3G 2.2.1 . I've set some folder to anonymous allowed for testing and received the same result as with registered user. I only receive "user is not allow access to this share" independent if a registered user is logged in or anonymous. I cleared the cache of the iphone, no change. Using a normal PC everythings works as designed. But I can't say if the problems exist after updating the LS or the iphone :-(

regards,

Peter

gerlo

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 03:52:38 AM »

@Peter : are you sure you're talking about the folder settings under 'web access' (not the rights of the folder).

Seems to be different issues for the LS CHL and the LS PRO DUO then. The MP3 issue is the same and definitely has to do with SSL.

Gerlo.

peternie

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 04:15:44 AM »

@gerlo: yes I'm sure. I've checked all settings in folders and web access and everything works fine on PCs and macs but not on iphones. It worked fine until last week before I start my "big update" on both devices :-(

Just tested with a second iPhone, same result (but also same OS 2.2.1), "no access to this share"

Peter

Message Edited by peternie on 02-03-2009 01:02 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 01:41:41 PM »

Ok thank you all for your help, input, and patience. I was able to verify the mp3 playback issue on our devices, it is somehow caused by HTTPS/SSL being enabled. I've updated our corporate office on the issues, and we will have a fix forthcoming.

It looks like Adamk is the only one with the login issue in the US, judging by your ip addresses. Can anyone else from the US verify the login issue? Again, please post your model number, firmware version, and Webaccess settings info (buffalonas.com name and key not necessary).

gerlo

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 02:09:35 PM »

My setup : Linkstation Model  LS-CHL 500G , F/W 1.06-064 (european ? )

Iphone 3G F/W 2.2.1 ( Country : Netherlands )

User on iphone has access when web folder acces on 'allow all Groups /users' . No access when 'use inherited folder permissions' . 

Message Edited by gerlo on 02-03-2009 09:10 PM

Jeremiah85

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 06:51:47 PM »

Linkstation Model:  LS-CHL 500G , F/W 1.06 -064

iPod Touch F/W 2.2.1

When using my iPod touch to access through Web Access, "allow all Groups /users" works but when using the  "inherited folder permissions'  option it displays the "User is not allowed access to this share" message. 

I have ssl disabled in the web access settings

northernlights

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 10:21:11 PM »

So no word yet after a week? *sigh* No news is never good news, I'm trying so hard to love this wee black box o' fun, it would be so much easier to keep it for the PS3, but it might have to go back as faulty, as two out of the three features I bought it for just don't work properly. :(

Without wanting to get too sarky this is a feature that should have been tested & be ready to go, out of the box; the box which incidentally has 'iPhone compatible' splashed all over it. Mind you it has 'bittorrent certified' on the box & after 2 days of use I'm starting to think that's just some sick joke at my expense too.  

Everyway I look at it, if I wanted to return this my retailer/Buffalo couldn't say no, the product in it's current state does not work as intended, is faulty out of the box & is not fit for it's intended purpose. Buffalo would appear to be contravening UK trade description acts by selling known faulty goods, advertising false product claims on the box, oh and knowingly selling items not fit for purpose.

So aye, I should be angry right now, but I'm not, I'm more disappointed, when I was NAS shopping Buffalo were high on my list as I have heard nothing but praise from my business customers who swear by them. Rather than me, who swears at my buffalo.

So is there any chance we could get this frankenstein fixed so it's working & get it out the door soon, before the townspeople with the burny pointy ouch sticks arrive?*

*None shall be spared, except for the long-suffering Buffalo moderator minions, for they have been just & kind to all the townspeople... not like their boss Dr Corporate!

peternie

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 04:22:33 AM »

Just to bring this topic to the top again. I've still the same problems:

LS PRO DUO 3.09 (Germany, if it makes any difference)

iPhone OS 2.2.1

- In shared folder setup access control deactivated

- in web control allow all users

"User is not allowed access to this share" by using iPhone,

everything ok by using a normal PC or Max

Peter

northernlights

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 09:16:30 PM »

another satisfied customer

Any official response on this, looks like there's more than the LS-CHL affected. After a firmware update too, possible something's gone horribly wrong with the iphone authentication on last revision then?

Hello buffalo *waves* please speak to us... Has an official support ticket been raised on this? If so what's the ETA/priority?