Author Topic: LS-CHL vs iPhone  (Read 46785 times)

northernlights

• Calf
LS-CHL vs iPhone
« on: January 20, 2009, 03:27:54 AM »

My LS refuses to allow my iPhone to connect via WebAccess.

Error: 'User is not allowed access to this share'

When I login to WebAccess via Firefox & IE on PC or Camino & Firefox on macbook WITH THE SAME LOGIN DETAILS as used when logging in on the iPhone I can access, browse & edit the same share which is reported as disallowed on the iPhone.

I did manage to connect by some miracle combination of restarting WebAccess on the LS & logging out of my PC which was connected to the LS with the same details at the time. As there is no logout option (cough-cough, hint-hint) I assume it's OK to do this. (It worked fine for mac & PC connected with same details at the same time).

However, this worked for about 5mins, during which time I could browse, view images, then halfway through displaying an image, everything stalled. I should add no other clients/users were connected to the LS during that time.

Fine, back to buffalonas.com, re-enter details, same error user not allowed etc etc.

I have checked my WebAccess, Share & User details several times now, however I am sure it's not my settings because if I bring up the iPhone browser & use my history for an image that worked in that 5min window when it successfully connected, it will load that image again on the iPhone.

Even when the iPhone safari cache is cleared & iPhone is rebooted, if I use safaris' history I can connect to the LS, at which point it will ask for user details, which I provide & submit. The LS then serves that image quickly & easily. If I then type the buffalonas.com URL into safari, it will again prompt for aforementioned user details, then error as above.

I repeated my shutdown of webaccess/my pc again, just in case, no joy, same error. HELP!

Linkstation Live LS-CH1.0TL

Model Name: LS-CHL
Firmware Version: 1.06 (European)

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)

OS X Leopard, fully updated

iPhone 2G firmware 2.2

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: LS-CHL vs iPhone
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 03:44:47 PM »
Try resetting the device to defaults by Maintenence->Initialization, Restore.

northernlights

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »

Done - Still the same iphone error: user is not allowed access to this share, while PCs & macs on WAN & LAN can WebAccess the share with same user details.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
Ok I'll see if I can test this. One more question though, are you connecting with the iPhone over wifi or through the cellular network?

northernlights

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »

Thank you Colin, I connect via wifi.

Another thing, my iPhone was/is jailbroken, however I restored it back to factory last night, just in case it could have affected anything, sadly I get the same error.

Again, thank you for your time & efforts in this matter.

Mike 

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 02:10:47 PM »

Ok I tested it with out LS-CHL, no problems with iPhone 3G. Try clearing history and cache, and try setting up a different username/password. Keep in mind the username/password is case sensitive.

I'll try getting my hands on a GSM iPhone to test it.

Message Edited by Colin137 on 01-23-2009 02:11 PM

northernlights

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »

Cleared cache, history & cookies - no difference (although factory reset would have cleared this anyway). Also tried new user & rebooted LS before attempting a connection - same error. I should add it looks like the LS allows the user, as it states the correct user in the top right box, it just thinks it isn't allowed access.

I can set up a temporary user ID, connected to a test folder on my LS & PM you the details, if you want to try & connect to my LS for test purposes?

Let me know...

Also, I'll see if I can get hold of a 3G iPhone & see if it makes a difference, that won't happen until monday at the earliest though.

Cheers,

Mike

PS Anyone who has the LS-CHL working with a 2G iPhone & reading this, feel free to let me know if you got it working...

Message Edited by northernlights on 01-23-2009 11:14 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 10:14:26 AM »
Sounds good, northernlights, send me a PM with your buffalonas.com name and the username/password.

northernlights

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 02:51:47 AM »

Done.

Cheers,

Mike

El_Greco

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 05:06:44 AM »

Hi northernlights,

I had the same problem with my bufallo linkstation mini (LS-WSGL/R1 F/W 1.05) and found the solution in another forum:

The checkbow "Apple" under "Sharde Folder Support" had to be checked.

Now I can browse the folders and files, but a new problem occurs.

My iPhone is not able to play the MP3 files.

And by the way such a handling is not really what I expected, when I read the press releases about "full iPhone support" 

@Colin137

Do you know any solution to this? 

Greetings, El_Greco 

Message Edited by El_Greco on 01-25-2009 05:07 AM

Almamida

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 06:57:11 AM »

I have the same problem here.

I just can browse folders and see pictures.

I can't listen mp3 from my iPhone.

I don't know how I can do it. 

northernlights

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 03:37:18 AM »

Thanks El_Greco, I've just tried that remotely, but it doesn't seem to make any difference :( I may have to bounce the LS before it takes effect so will try it later when I get home.

Message Edited by northernlights on 01-26-2009 03:39 AM

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »

Ok after trying a bunch of things, I could not recreate any of the issues with our LS-CHL or LS-WSGL.

northernlights, I verified the problem with your linkstation, and got the same results with a 3g iphone, so it looks like it's not linked to the hardware.

El_Greco, almamida, as I said, I don't see the mp3 issue with our devices either.

I'm working under the assumption that the issues you've all experienced are related to the European firmwares, so I'll send that up to my corporate office to get a fix put out for you.

adamk

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 11:07:58 PM »

northernlights - I just got a brand new linkstation live (LS-CH1.0TL) and am having exactly the same issues.  I can access things fine via regular web browser but on my iphone 3G it says "User is not allowed to access this share".

I haven't had a chance to play much further, but I found if I switched the permissions under [web access -> folders setup] to anonymous (read to everyone) it starts to work.  Previously I had it set to inherit permissions and that seems to be the issue for me.  Will play a bit more when I get a chance.

Adam

Almamida

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 05:49:56 AM »

Thanks for your answer Colin137.

I hope it would work soonly thanks to you.