Author Topic: LS-CHL vs iPhone  (Read 46970 times)

cacace

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL vs iPhone
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2010, 07:31:58 PM »

It worked!

First I called tech support about my iPhone getting the error (User is not allowed access to this share) and they said that they were unaware of any such issues. He very politely told me that it must be something Apple did when they updated my phone because he and the engineers have been very frustrated with Apple changing things and constantly breaking Buffalo product features. However, the iPhone has had this problem since I got it 8 months ago!

So a few days after the call with tech support, on a hunch, I came here to this forum and found the solution!

I added the folder 'share' to my BuffaloNAS and gave it Anonymous access rights and bingo, the iPhone is now access files!

:smileywink:

Dspadic

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL vs iPhone
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2011, 10:45:35 PM »

Good Evening:

I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but I recently updated my firmware to Version 1.07 (I know it's the old model) and had the log on issue where the user is not allowed access to the share. After playing with the options, it occured to me the issue might be similar to Microsoft's Active Directory profiles on their servers so I Selected Shared Folders - > Shared Folders Setup tab on the left hand side of the admin webpage. From there I enabled the Windows, Apple, and FTP check boxes and also enabled the Access Restrictions check box. I have a User Name "Bob" under the Group name "Admin" and proceeded to move my Group Name Admin to the Read/Write Group Access Restriction box as well as the User Name Bob to the Read/Write User Access Restriction box. I proceeded to save the changes, and cleared my cookies, history, and cache on my iPhone 4 and attempted to log in again. This time I was challenged with a user name and password screen as before, but after I entered the correct information was able to access the previously unavailable share. This has resolved the annonymous log on issue, and should offer a solution to those worried about leaving their Linkstation open on the Internet.

Best Wishes,

Doug