Author Topic: LS-CHL vs iPhone  (Read 46804 times)

peternie

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL vs iPhone
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2009, 08:22:09 AM »

And another month without any change. Guys, sorry for being a pain in your neck, but please release the firmware for German customer. I'm really concerned !

Peter

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2009, 02:52:40 PM »

You would want to contact your local support and talk to them about it.  We are happy to help anyone troubleshoot our devices, but this board is the US/Canada support board so the emails you are receiving most likely aren't us.

peternie

• Calf
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2009, 07:45:18 AM »

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my support told me that I should stop asking them for new firmware, they would decide if a new firmware is necessary to fulfill customer requirements.

I know that this is nothing you deal with, but in German we say that they are "sitting on a high horse" without understanding customer satisfaction.

So we have no chance to get a new firmware soon. What a pity !

Best regards,

Peter

Tikkaspecial

• Calf
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2009, 09:50:58 AM »

I am currently working in Belgium and that is exactly the kind of customer service you get here too.  Coming from the UK it is quite a culture shock at times.  Maybe you should complain to Sling US directly about the (lack of) support you are receiving. If that's even possible.

mpfaff82

• Calf
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2009, 04:54:19 AM »

It seems as if no one is interested in changing anything. Hopefully they will fix it accidentally with another FW-update. ;)

ddalbiez

• Calf
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2009, 07:14:25 AM »

Strange! Now I can access my shares via my iPhone through BuffaloNAS. And I promise I did not change anything on my HD! Something happened during the end of October/beginning of November.

Dom

titanic522

• Calf
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »

Hi everybody!

I recently buy a Link Station Live, everything is OK (DNLA with Sony Bravia, TimeMachine...) BUT:

same problem with "User is not allowed access to this share" from my Iphone 3GS 3.1.2 and Link Station Live LS-CH1.0TL-EU Firmware 1.21.

Connection OK from  Vista and MacOsX... but not from my Iphone!!!

Is anybody has an idea...

Thanks

Tikkaspecial

• Calf
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2010, 05:06:19 AM »

Did you create the Public folder as described earlier in this thread?   This fixed the same problem for me.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2010, 02:43:02 AM »

You need to create a Public Folder and set it to allow anonymous.

ngood77

• Calf
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2010, 12:15:24 PM »

Hi All,

I would be very grateful if you would be so kind as to help me out re. the iPhone issue.  I have read the whole of this thread and think I have tried out pretty much every combination but still cannot see my files via the iPhone.

This is what I have : LS-CHL 1.0TB v2 fw 1.21, iPhone 3.1.2.

This is what I have tried :-

• I have created two folders, one called Shared and one called Public
  • Shared is set to Allow users/groups, Public is set to Anonymous
  • Although I don't think this is relevant I have also set up a user called Public

When I access my NAS site (www.buffalonas.com/ngood77) I can see the folders (see screenshot at link below) but when I click on a folder it simply flashes grey momentarily (to signify I have clicked on it) but then does nothing.  What should happen of course is that I get taken to the files within the folders.

Feel free to try this yourselves from your iPhones, the Public folder is Anonymous and there is one music file in it.

Many thanks in anticipation of your ideas,

Nick.

iPhone folders

mpfaff82

• Calf
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2010, 12:28:23 PM »

Hi,

I just tried to access your PublicFolder and it worked well. I could start playing the mp3 with my 3G. So I could not reproduce your problem. (I was not logged in as a user I just entered the folder.

Best regards

Spink

• Calf
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2010, 04:51:13 AM »

Hello all,

right I have just read through this entire thread and I am just not happy!!! I spent around 3 hours yesterday setting up my friends Nas (LS500CHL)

and finally got web access working with various issues, won't go into the details here but the good news is web access works).

Friend has firmware 1.10 (I know its not the latest but its newer than a few of you who were having the I-phone share issue). Now the quick fix solution of creating another share folder just doesn't seem like the best solution as its not a work out of the box product and it seems that because this work around has happened Buffalo have given up on trying to fix it. Ironically my HTC Hero can access the drive fine, from his network, 3g and my home network, but its not fully supported on the browser so I can't actually scroll down the file list. So why can it work on my unsupported device and not his. I don't want to set up another share folder for him I just want the dam thing to work, but if that is the only solution then so be it. Has there been any development for the i-phone support yet or have Buffalo really given up and thought well pucks it someone else has done our job for us lets not bother?????

Please help as I am so close to throwing this thing out the window (if I have any more issues when I go over!!)

This is just not good enough!!!

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2010, 03:11:03 PM »

Spink wrote:

Friend has firmware 1.10 (I know its not the latest but its newer than a few of you who were having the I-phone share issue). Now the quick fix solution of creating another share folder just doesn't seem like the best solution as its not a work out of the box product and it seems that because this work around has happened Buffalo have given up on trying to fix it.

I understand your position that a product should work out of box, however what you're essentially saying (and I am simply paraphrasing) is that a device that could sit on the shelf for 6 months while other devices are making updates and changes to their protocols should work without issue upon being opened up.  This is why we have firmware updates and forums with workarounds such as this.  We're not trying to inconvenience you with suggestions but these are workarounds that have worked for other people and shared for this very reason.  Instead of coming on to the forum and in your very first post complaining that you don't want to try a workaround, why not try it first and tell us if it worked for you?

Spink

• Calf
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2010, 02:49:35 AM »

Hi Dustrega,

I appreciate what you are say but you have completely missed the point!!! Yes I do want a product to work straight out the box doing what it says it does on the box that should be a given otherwise it becomes misleading and the ASA plus the OFT should either fine or remove the product.

The reason that I have I have not tried the fix is because my client works for a government agency and has a lot of sensitive data on his drive and I am not willing to try something that could potentially compromise his security.

Yes I do realise that it was my first post but after going through this entire thread it is clear that the product doesn't do what it is supposed to do and that Buffalo haven't really addressed the issue properly, without the hard work of consumer there wouldn't be the work around.

So yes I am rather angered by the lack of support from Buffalo. I have worked in IT for many years and I do know how forums work as I use them for both being helped and helping others.  I am not overly convinced my client will be to happy with having to work around the issue rather than having it fixed properly and as someone that provided him with a service I feel that I should not be put in a position where my reputation is going to be put at risk due to advising this product is the one that is right for you only to find it doesn't do what it is supposed to do, I have never had any issues with buffalo personally, unfortunately every buffalo drive he has had seems not to do what its supposed to do, he has two of these hard drives and wither one will work on his I-phone. it does seem to be a limited problem but it also is going twice as bad for him (and in turn me!)

So please understand I am not having a go at anyone individually I am just really disappointed in the product and worried that he will go elsewhere for his service, due to Buffalo. I hope that clears it up

Dustrega wrote:
I understand your position that a product should work out of box, however what you're essentially saying (and I am simply paraphrasing) is that a device that could sit on the shelf for 6 months while other devices are making updates and changes to their protocols should work without issue upon being opened up. This is why we have firmware updates and forums with workarounds such as this. We're not trying to inconvenience you with suggestions but these are workarounds that have worked for other people and shared for this very reason. Instead of coming on to the forum and in your very first post complaining that you don't want to try a workaround, why not try it first and tell us if it worked for you?

rvee

• Calf
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2010, 01:32:45 PM »

Hi,

Newbie here with a couple of questions.

My kit:

Linkstation pro duo: LS-W2.0TGL/R1-V3  running fw 3.09

Iphone 3g running 3.1.2

I have the issue Error: 'User is not allowed access to this share' when trying to connect via iphone both locally and remotely.

Having done the obligatory 'read the whole thread' and tried the workaround(s) without success, a couple of questions:

I've downloaded the 3.10 (beta?) fw from here: ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/LS Pro Duo/2 usb model/

a) Will this fix the issue?

b) Albeit unlikely, can someone confirm that updating to this (beta) fw will not cause any data loss?

Thanks in advance

Finally a couple of suggestions:

1. The thread is long and rambling. it covers different issues, different models, some workarounds and some downloads - Mods please consider tidying this up and condensing this down to a readable post / howto / link.

2. Go easy on people who are understandably upset with their buffalo products not working as expected. For the most part it looks like they have tried support to no avail and ended up here of their own accord only to be greeted  with a gruff go 'Read the thread'.