Author Topic: LS-CHL vs iPhone  (Read 46798 times)

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: LS-CHL vs iPhone
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2009, 10:52:04 PM »

Just wanted to let you all know, we're still working on this issue.

As you'll know if you read this thread through, there are two distinct issues. One we are working on, the other we are unable to fix.

The "user is not allowed to access this share" issue is the one we're working on.

The problem with playing music over SSL is a separate issue, and is not something we can help, unfortunately. The Quicktime player that the iPhone uses apparently won't work with streaming over an SSL connection.

Message Edited by Colin137 on 08-26-2009 10:53 PM
Message Edited by Colin137 on 08-26-2009 10:53 PM

schuss

• Calf
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2009, 09:48:08 PM »
   Just chiming in - I have firmware 1.05 and an iPhone 3GS.  I've tried the anonymous share trick and that didn't work for me.

mark117

• Calf
Re: iPhone web access
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2009, 06:51:33 PM »

Hello,

This is my first post.  Just recently purchased my first Buffalo product - the pro duo linkstation LSW20TGLR1.  It was the iPhone feature that helped to make my decision.

While I can access the linkstation from my pc's, the Iphone gives me the "user not allowed error message".

It is frustrating - so please - if a fix is found - be sure to post.

My firmware is 3.09

iphone 3G

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: iPhone web access
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2009, 10:05:05 AM »

Mark, please read the thread before posting.  Your firmware needs to be rolled back to 3.08.  I have also answered this in another thread for you.

mark117

• Calf
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2009, 10:36:18 AM »

Colin137 & PCPiranha,

Just to be sure I understand...when you say "we're working on", does this mean there will be a firmware update released in the near future - but that having an SSL connection with the iPhone will not be a possibility?

I'm trying to decide whether to "roll back" my firmware to 3.08 (my recent purchase came with 3.09).  And while the forums here have been semi helpful, the info I received from Buffalo's "support" does not seem to be on the same page at all.

Thanks for your help!

Pro Duo LSW20TGLR1 (3.09 firmware)

Win XP

iphone 3G

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2009, 02:42:22 PM »

"Just to be sure I understand...when you say "we're working on", doesthis mean there will be a firmware update released in the near future -but that having an SSL connection with the iPhone will not be apossibility?"

This is correct, the SSL is a limitation of quicktime.  The "user is not allowed to access this share" should be fixed in the next firmware --as far as I know.

mark117

• Calf
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2009, 09:40:35 AM »

Thanks!

gerlo

• Calf
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2009, 09:54:35 AM »

@colin137:

1. the ssl problem is probably due tue the fact that buffalo is using a self-signed certificate (issued to & from 'Internet Widgets Pty Ltd' . Maybe that can be changed, but i don't know every user should have his own certificate then. 

2. it should be nice if the ssl setting could be set at the folder level, so that one could have a folder with ssl (for documents etc) and one with ssl (for streaming media). Of course this means that two different ports have to be used. 

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2009, 02:37:21 PM »
Based on what my engineers told me, SSL is not supported by the Quicktime specification.

ddalbiez

• Calf
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2009, 01:43:38 AM »

Hello,

Is the problem regarding access via an iPhone to a LS-CHL ( "user is not allowed to access this share" ) now solved? I have a LS-CH1-OTL-V2 firmware 1.10.

Thanks.

Dom

Message Edited by ddalbiez on 09-28-2009 01:47 PM

mpfaff82

• Calf
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2009, 05:46:43 AM »

I am using a LinkStation LS-XH1.0TL (FW1.20) and the only way to access via iPhone 3G is having at least one folderpermission set to "anonymous". Now in second step you can login using a registered account. In my oppinion this issue should be solved as soon as possible or this function should not be promoted. Hopefully it is fixed soon because I am not happy being a "Beta-tester".

Best regards

mpfaff82

Message Edited by mpfaff82 on 09-30-2009 07:21 AM
Message Edited by mpfaff82 on 09-30-2009 07:22 AM

ddalbiez

• Calf
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2009, 07:15:13 AM »

Thank you, mpfaff82. I discovered that i could connect from my iPhone 3GS to my linkstation using FTP, but at this stage, I cannot secure the connection ( it does not require authentication ) which is really a problem ( I posted a message on this subject this morning, no answer yet).

Dom

mpfaff82

• Calf
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2009, 07:20:29 AM »
   German Support: Knowen issue with Iphone as soon as solved a new FW will be released

Tikkaspecial

• Calf
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2009, 04:07:01 AM »

The Public folder allowing Anonymous usage workaround worked for me too.

However, I have another issue that is not mentioned on here.  When I am home on my network and I try to stream an MP3 or MP4 file I receive a message saying that I am not authorised to access the file. However, when I am away from home (on 3G) logging in as the same user, it streams both MP3 and MP4 files with no problems at all.

I could (kind of) understand if it was the other way around. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

iPhone 3GS - OS3.1 - LS-CHL

peternie

• Calf
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2009, 03:10:12 AM »

Hi there,

After weeks just a short question ! What is so complicated to offer the new firmware for LS Pro Duo in the German download section ? I still receive standard email-replies from the support team. I'm tired of being put off and receiving statements like "We will provide a new version if we think it is required". Hello ??? Do you know that the box cannot be used as designed since the last update in January this year ??

I'm disappointed and really hope that you can offer the download immediately !

Regards,

Peter