Author Topic: Problem with back up to hard disk  (Read 1186 times)

adallicious

• Calf
Problem with back up to hard disk
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:48:18 PM »

I don't know if I,m in the right place but I need some help backing up data from my PC. I recently bought a Buffalo HD-PET500U2-RD (I live in Japan) and tried to do a backup. My PC ( Toshiba satellite l350 ) is having problems and shuts down after a few minutes of being turned on so I have been doing this back up for days, hoping to eventually get all the data unto the disk. When I checked the stored data, it seemed that the backup was starting from the beginning each time, meaning that it  was backing up the same data over and over again and leaving a lot of data un-stored. Someone suggested for me use the safe mode of my PC and do a copy and paste to store to the disk. So I decided to delete all the data before doing this. Maybe it's a problem of the PC but it was taking forever to delete, so I formatted instead. Now I've lost all the data on the hard disk( previously there were some folders and other stuff in the disk even before I started to save data to it), now when I open the disk, it's just empty and I can't even see the buffalo tray icon anymore. Furthermore, I cannot copy and paste data to the disk even though it seemed possible before the format. I know almost nothing concerning this sort of thing. Would be grateful for any help I could get. Thanx in advance