Author Topic: Linkstation Pro Duo - Wrong Firmware Installed v1.xx instead of v3.xx  (Read 5391 times)

dn1982

• Calf

Help!  I have a v3 Linkstation Pro Duo, and after unsuccessfully installing the latest 3.07 firmware I was left with a box flashing LEDs - no harddisk recognised.

So I followed the instructions, and used TFTP to get the box into EM mode so that I could reinstall the firmware.  I then spent hours trying to (force) install 3.07 and 3.08 firmware to no-avail - the installer refused to see the box.  When I was ready to give up, I tried the v1.08 firmware.  This time the box was instantly recognised and it installed without (many) issues.

However, I'm now stuck with a v1 box - which is better than no box - however I want to get the mediaserver function back so I need to load the v3 firmware.

Can someone please advise me on how to upgrade the firmware from 1.08 to 3.08.  Unfortunately the 3.08 installed refuses to see the 1.08 box so I'm not sure what to do next.

Many thanks!!

David

dn1982

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo - Wrong Firmware Installed v1.xx instead of v3.xx
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 03:02:32 PM »

Can anyone help?

I am thinking of forcing the box into EM mode, and reusing TFTP but sending the 3.xx firmware files rather than the ones contained in the package.  Do you think this might work or have an alternative solution? 

dn1982

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 03:41:17 AM »
   Anyone from support?  Would it help if I called up and logged a ticket?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 04:05:47 AM »
   Boot it into EM mode and then install the 3.xx firmware. no gaurantee of it wokring though, you shouldnt of been able to install 1.xx :P
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

dn1982

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 04:38:37 AM »

Thanks but how do I install the 3.xx firmware?

The firmware updater refuses to see the box, even if I try to force it.

I think the root cause is the wrong files being sent by TFTP.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 07:08:46 PM »
The TFTP Boot Recovery program we had up for the LS Pro Duo was for the 1.xx series devices. We have the updated versions on the FTP site now, so try it again with the v3.

dn1982

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 08:57:31 AM »

Colin, Thank you for uploading the v3 package - I wish it had been a week earlier :).

Unfortuantly, the TFTP server still sits on 'accepting requests'.

The box will boot into EM mode, let me ping it and change it's IP address either manually or via DHCP.  I've tried the latest TFTP v3 package and it didn't make a difference - it sits on 'accepting requests'.

I've tried TFTP directly, and over a switch and with the box on either dhcp or a manual address of 192.168.11.150.  My laptop/desktop (i've tried both) has the manual address of 192.168.11.1.  I've tried a cross over cable and a straight through cable (not that i think it matter as 1gb is auto-switching).  I've made sure that all firewalls/av are turned off.

I'm at a complete loss of what to do next.

Many thanks,

David