Author Topic: Quad WebAccess on Android/G1  (Read 3777 times)

short_y

• Calf
Quad WebAccess on Android/G1
« on: January 19, 2009, 03:47:02 PM »

I've set up WebAccess on my new LinkStation Quad and it works great on Windows using Firefox, Chrome and IE as well as on Linux using Firefox. It doesn't work so well on my T-Mobile G1 Android phone. I'm using HTTPS and, while I authenticate just fine, I usually (but not always) end up with a message stating that I have no shared folders which are accessible to my userid. When I am able to get folders displayed, navigation between folders is hit-and-miss, mostly miss. I don't know if it matters or not but the G1's browser is based on the same WebKit that the iPhone browser is based on so if the iPhone works, I would expect my phone to work, too. It doesn't particularly matter if I use BuffaloNAS.com, direct IP address or go through my own dynamic DNS provider, I still get the same results.

Any suggestions? I'm not particularly in favor of disabling HTTPS. I've done some searching and have seen that other platforms are having problems with non-desktop browsers and that there are updates coming for them. Is that the recommendation for me, too -- wait for the next update?

Message Edited by short_y on 01-19-2009 01:48 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: Quad WebAccess on Android/G1
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »
The issue doesn't appear to be related to HTTPS, I tried it with a fellow tech's G1 phone without https enabled, and had issues with downloading files from the Webaccess feature. Make sure you have the latest firmware, and try resetting the unit to factory defaults with Maintenence->Initialization, Restore. I'll forward the issue to my corporate office.

short_y

• Calf
Re: Quad WebAccess on Android/G1
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:43:46 AM »
   Thanks for forwarding it.