Author Topic: webaccess for ls-ql via iphone problem.  (Read 2893 times)

yomp

• Calf
webaccess for ls-ql via iphone problem.
« on: February 17, 2012, 04:29:56 PM »

So i have been running my ls-ql for a couple of years now. just got an iphone and set up all the shares etc and can webaccess the folders no problem when on internal network.

The address bar on my phone changes to my linkstationip:9000 when webaccessing on the internal network.

When accessing via 3G the address bar on my phone changes to my external ip:9000 but I get the message "Safari could not open the page as the server stopped responding." and i cannot get access to my shared folders.

I have the 9000  port open in my router and can access externally no problem with my PC suggesting my router set up is ok.

how  can I access externally with my iphone.

Thought I would try the webaccess app but apparantly its not useable with my particular model LS. Would this app of helped my situation if I could access or is it my router or is it my phone?

Is there going to be a firmware update to allow my LS-QL to accept this app?

Please help -its doing my nut in now!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: webaccess for ls-ql via iphone problem.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »

Port 9000 is not forwarded correctly on your router. Rule of thumb, if its working locally but not remotely then its ALSO the port thats blocked.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

yomp

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »

Port 9000 does work remotely with my laptop. which is why I thought it was OK.

I've run out of ideas

kelvgoh

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 09:24:17 PM »

I had a similar problem with my iPad so I used a dynamic DNS to register my NAS.  It now works with Safri, albeit very slowly over 3G.  However, I cannot get it to work with the iPad NAS Web app.  Over 3G it fails to find the server but over a wifi connection it works.  I can confirm that it should work over 3G as I used a Mifi (wifi over 3G) dongle to access it. However once directly over 3G, it fails.

Kelvin

yomp

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 04:48:37 PM »

I fixed it - hopefully!

I went to log on remotely with my laptop today and that also failed. Looking at the device list seen by my router the linkstation wasn't being seen.

According to my router, the link station was assigned to a static IP address while all the other devices on my network were DHCP ip's. Went back to the linkstation and the DHCP enable in the networks tab was switched off. Turned it on but it didn't seem to work for a while and then suddenly, the linkstation was being seen in my device list in my router and now I can connect remotely - again with my laptop and for the 1st time with my iphone. I guess time will tell if this cures it.

zhzubair4

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 12:53:47 PM »

if your iphone create problem like a jailbreak, upgrade etc, visit here 

http://forum.shaarpmind.com/  i hope your problem fast and easly solve..