Author Topic: 'TeraStation Client Utility' not finding networked drives [TS-HTGL/R5]  (Read 2508 times)

woolfe

• Calf

Dear all,

I have 2x TeraStation Pro TS-HTGL/R5 storage devices which I am trying to set up with Windows Vista running in 'Parallels Desktop' on a Mac Pro.

Previously the storage devices have been networked via a HP Proliant Small Business Server; connected by ethernet to a Netgear FS728TP Switch. When connected in this network, the TS storage devices work perfectly, but I cannot get my computer to recognise to recognise them without the server in the loop.

I have downloaded the installation cd contents and manuals from the Buffalo website and tried installing on my computer (these were previously installed on the server). The setup.exe opens up, but does nothing when I click 'Install Client Utility' but I can get the Client Utility running by searching through the 'Bin' folder to run it's own setup.exe.

Once on the TS Client Utility, there are no tabs where each TeraStation device should appear. So far I have tried connecting the 2x TS to my computer via the original Netgear Switch, and also via a smaller Netgear Router which I was planning to use. In both instances, the 'Link/ACT' light has been lit up on the TS devices indicating they are connected.

I cannot understand why my computer does not recognise the TS devices?

I would sincerely appreciate any advice on how to resolve this problem, and would be very interested in any tips anybody has regarding setting up similar scenarios without a server.

Many thanks in advance for any responses.

woolfe

• Calf
Re: 'TeraStation Client Utility' not finding networked drives [TS-HTGL/R5]
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:45:05 AM »

Update: I have also now patched Windows Vista to make it fully compatible with Buffalo NAS programs, and installed NAS Navigator 2, which also fails to locate the 2x TS devices.

duke

• Tatanka
Re: 'TeraStation Client Utility' not finding networked drives [TS-HTGL/R5]
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »

Is your computer in the same network with your 2 NAS? Are you able to ping their IP addresses? Is there any router connected to the same network? Is DHCP "on" in your router? Are you able to check and see DHCP client list in your router?