Author Topic: LS-WXL: mediastation, share all folders rather than only one specific  (Read 3328 times)

muffinman

• Calf

Howdy all,

I need to setup (e.g. solve someones' problems) a Linkstation LS-WXL and I have run into a problem. I've got a number of folders/shares: music, film, photographs. I want to share all of them via the Media Server. At first it was set at sharing the share 'Share' (the default I suppose). I had a problem and for testing purposes I set it to sharing the folder 'photographs'.

The problem is that I can't set it back to 'Share' and thereby share all three folders rather than one specific (at least I think that is what it does).

In a nutshell: I want to share all folders via the Media Server rather than one specific: how do I do that?

Kind regards, Maarten

duke

• Tatanka
Re: LS-WXL: mediastation, share all folders rather than only one specific
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:02:46 AM »

Can you be more specific... Did you try to modify the public folder in DLNA setting of Media Server? and the shared folder "Share" is not in the dropdown list?

muffinman

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 07:47:35 AM »

Hello Duke,

I don't see a specific field where I can set the public folder for DLNA. When I go to Extensions and MediaServer, I can go to Modify Settings. There I can set the Media Server Folder. In this dropdown list there is no option 'share' available. Earlier the MediaServer Folder was set to the shared folder 'share'. However, as a test I set it to the shared folder 'Photograph'.

Kind regards, Maarten

duke

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 07:53:50 AM »

Does the shared folder "Shared" exist in the Shared Folders settings? You didn't delete "Shared", did you? If you did, you could create the folder again and move these 3 folders into "Shared".

muffinman

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:48:54 AM »

I didnīt delete the folder but I donīt know if the folder exists, it isnīt my nas and I donīt have access to it right now. But as far as I understand any Shared Folder will do as a sort of root folder. So I might as well move the relevant data up the īPhotographsī folder. Still a bit confused though why the Shared folder dissapeared. Maybe the owner deleted the folder and wondered why it wasnīt working. Who knows.

Thanks for your input.

Kind regards, Maarten

sgjwright

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 03:18:55 AM »

I have experienced the same problem in that I had 3 shares which were all accessible via the media Server but after an issue with DTCP-IP ("While firmware updating, Media server update cannot be updated completly. Please click update DTCP-IP after establishing internet connection") I can only select one. I have created a generic 'Media' share and moved all my docs into this share under different folders. I now see the media server but not any of the documents within the share. I have refreshed, restarted, reset etc but to no avail. Something has happened in the past few months that has changed things, but I have not performed any updates.

Is this related to the DTCP-IP issue?

Any assistance would be appreciated as at the moment I can not access any documents via the media server.