Author Topic: Linkstation Duo LS-WX 4.0 TL/R1 - blinks 7 times by info/error  (Read 10319 times)

Erazer

• Calf
Linkstation Duo LS-WX 4.0 TL/R1 - blinks 7 times by info/error
« on: February 10, 2012, 04:58:21 AM »

I just unpacked it, connected to router, switched to "ON", powered on, and try to find it in NAS Navigator. But  NAS Navigator can't find NAS, and NAS blinks 7 times by info/error. What should I do?

If I insert hard drive it blinks 6 times, but I still can't find it.  

duke

• Tatanka
Re: Linkstation Duo LS-WX 4.0 TL/R1 - blinks 7 times by info/error
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 09:15:33 AM »

What colour is the info/error led? Orange or red?

Check the manual... It lists all the information codes...

Knife

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 10:09:06 PM »

Brian: Both the title of the thread/OP and the text of the post say his Info/Error light is blinking SEVEN times, I don't know why you would respond with what blinking SIX times means.

I have the same problem on the same unit - that is, the Info/Error light blinks red SEVEN times - after TFT boot. 

First, during the EM Mode/TFTboot, the unit flashes the Info/Error Light red SIX] times, which, going by the information on this forum, indicates that there is a disk error (not surprising since I'm trying to re-flash the firmaware/OS that resides partially on the disk).  But after the TFTBoot pull and a re-start, the unit then starts to flash the Info/error Light red SEVEN times, which I'm not sure what it means for the LS-WXL.  Guides for other units, like the WS-CHL, say that it mans a "motherboard failure," at least on those units.

The User's Guide for the LS-WXL series is no help, giving no code for the Info/Error light flashing red EITHER six OR seven times. The list of error codes ithe manual just skips right ofer those Error Codes entirely, as if the unit can/will never throw them (nice!).

So, can anyone tell us, definitively, what the Info/Erro Light on an LS-WXL flashing red SEVEN times actually means?

I really hope it doesn't mean the MoBo is fried...

Thanks in advance!

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 03:19:23 PM »

Red is the Error light:

§  E06 - Cannot load initrd (ofr disk error)
§  E07 - A hard drive was not detected