Author Topic: Terastation Pro TS-HTGL/R5 FW 1.35 TO PS3 streaming music and films  (Read 6577 times)

Myrdinn

• Calf

I've been trying to share my music and films from my Terastation Pro ii TS-HTGL/R5 with firmware 1.35 to my Playstation 3.

I just cant seem to do it.

I've seen on another thread that it can be done on a HD-HTGL/R5.

Can it be done on my Terastation?

Can I get this to work by reflashing to another firmware?

If so which one?

I only use the device now for storage and streaming, so I dont need any of the Pro functions anymore. I just want it to be a media centre if thats possible.

I'm open to suggestions, thanks.

Myrdinn

• Calf
Re: Terastation Pro TS-HTGL/R5 FW 1.35 TO PS3 streaming music and films
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »

I saw in another place, that this model and the HS-DHTGL have identical hardware and build. It is just a firmware difference.

They also said that it can be flashed with this firmware, which would offer DNLA.

It wasn't on this site and wasn't really a reliable source (a sales site). Is this possible, do you know?

If it is would it make it possble to get the streaming that I'm after?

I would add the link but I dont know if I'm allowed here.

if you google "This unit will support DLNA (for home usage) if we install the firmware of TeraStation Living HS-DHTGL" it'll hit up the link, if you wish to read.

The Terastation is great for storage and streams well enough to workstations, I'd just like to work out a way to get the films and music to my PS3.

Thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 01:36:13 PM »

It is possible but it is not supported by the Admins or Mods here.

Myrdinn

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 05:16:28 AM »

Thanks for the info.

It's out of warrenty so I'll back up and give it a shot. I've tried worse, succeeded and failed.

/R

RomofsoToN

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »

Myrdinn did this work, I have  similar issue, I have recently purchased some samsung smart tvs and I want to able to stream directly from my TS pro but it is not DLNA.

Myrdinn

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 11:22:39 AM »

I did something not recommended by buffalo and flashed it with another DNLA compatible firmware. A similar cheaper Buffalo machine that looks identical.

Mine is out of warranty and I dont use raid anymore. It's just a JBOD file server for the house. I therefore decided to take the chance.

It worked, but I cant recommend it on a Buffalo forum. If you are inclined to this type of thing, its not hard to find out about it from a search engine. 

RomofsoToN

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »

Okay thanks for replying so quickly, I know the firmware that you are talking about.

So it works on the Terastaion Pro and gives DLNA functionality but then the raid capability is no longer available. I think I'll just attach a usb hard drive to my pc running my CCTV system as its always on in my comms room, this has windows media server running on it and I can see it from all my connected DLNA devices. I will then get that drive to copy my media from my TS pro regularly (if I use a WD passport that backup software is included) so that I maintain two copiesof all my media, one of which will be protected by raid! Seems a pain, its either that ot buy another raid NAS with DLNA built in!

Myrdinn

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 09:27:16 AM »

I've restored mine now to the original firmware and put it back in its box for sale. I dont use the raid or have it as a server anymore and feel my usb drive plugged into the model is a better and smaller option for me.

Anyone interested in a boxed up working model let me know.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 09:44:43 AM »

price? and capacity? and where are you based?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Myrdinn

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 10:35:09 AM »

Buffalo Terastation Pro II TS-H1.0TGL/R5 NAS

Currently 2TB storage JBOD

Latest standard firmware

4 x 500GB 7200 drives. (WD I think, I can confirm model later, but definatly 7200)

Original double box, bagged, cables etc

Fully working, no bad blocks.

£200

Camden NW London

If you're local you can check it over, or have someone local come over.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 11:10:04 AM »

Dam, i'm in ireland, the shipping would probably outway the cost of the unit.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!