Author Topic: iPhone streaming from LS Mini - Help needed !!  (Read 4852 times)

abjt

• Calf
iPhone streaming from LS Mini - Help needed !!
« on: January 18, 2009, 07:37:18 AM »

Hi,

I have recently bought a LS Mini and am trying to stream music from my LS Mini to the Iphone but have reached my wits end. Can anyone help please? A quick summary is as follows

1. Web access works from both normal PC as well as iPhone

2. "Apple" option is ticked on the music share

3. All the shares are accessible from normal browser

Thanks in advance

abjt 

ScottP

• Tatanka
Re: iPhone streaming from LS Mini - Help needed !!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 10:53:31 AM »

How are you attempting to stream the music to the iPhone.  The only way I know of to make it happen would be via web access, which in your post you state is working properly.

The iPhone itself can not natively browse around on the network and access file shares, though there may be 3rd party apps that allow this.

Please provide any additional information that you can. 

abjt

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 04:55:36 PM »

Scott,

Thanks... that answers but probably not an answer that I was hoping for.

The 2nd problem is that when I access from the web, I can see the music files but when I click/select one it opens Quicktime on my iphone which is unable to play the file.

Appreciate that this might be an iphone issue but just wondering if this should be the case

thanks again 

abjt

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 04:56:18 PM »
   sorry, forgot to ask .... can you help with the 3rd party software that you mentioned in your reply?

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »
We've seen issues with playback of mp3 files on the iphone with the European firmware versions for Linkstation LS-CHL and Linkstation Pro Duo, so I'm thinking that the issue affects the LS Mini as well. I'll forward this up to our corporate office so it can get looked at.

kn8hansen

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 04:41:22 PM »

I know this post is probably dead but i'd also like to add that I'm having the exact same problem as the OP.  I can stream from my laptop flawlessly, I can see all of my music and video files on my iPhone, but when i try to play any .mp3, .mp4, .m4v files, Quicktime says "Movie could not be played".  I haven't found ANY information anywhere on what to do about this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nate