Author Topic: How do I permanently go from 2 disks to 1 on a Cloudstor?  (Read 1704 times)

Youcancallmeray

• Calf
How do I permanently go from 2 disks to 1 on a Cloudstor?
« on: December 04, 2011, 04:48:07 PM »

I have a Cloudstor that has been configured for 2 disks, but I want to go back to 1 disk. How do I go about deleting one disk so that the Cloudstor knows this is a permanent change.

Youcancallmeray

• Calf
Re: How do I permanently go from 2 disks to 1 on a Cloudstor?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:15:26 PM »

Yes and No. If you remove the second disk in slot 2 and reboot, you get a red error e16 flashing which means disk not found. If you go to the web access, it says disk 2 is disconnected. I tried reloading the firmware and restarting, but there doesn't seem to be any way to clear the error 16. Although the cloudstor is fully functional with disk one, but it looks like you have to live with the red flashing e16 forever after.The manual says to use the remove disk button in the web access, but there is no such thing. Hopefully someone from Buffalo is reading this and will recreate the remove function. Does any one know a work around?

Youcancallmeray

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 09:20:18 PM »

One thing I want to add is that I once tried to initialize the cloudstor (hold then press the press function button while powering up) with only one disk installed and it caused the password to be changed to something unknown which is a problem because you can't even reload the firmware without the password. I tried the TFTP procedure and couldn't get it to work, so that was a real mess.

Youcancallmeray

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »

The only way around this problem that i can figure out is to clone the hard drive from another Cloudstor that is set up for 1 disk. Not everyone can do that however.

Raistlin

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 06:55:44 PM »

I would like to bring this topic back to life, I am having this exact problem.  Had two disks in cloudstor, tried to "eject" or change the setup but since it was not in a raid it would not let me.  I know have the E16 flashing red light, very annoying.

Is there a fix for this now?