Author Topic: cant access Buffalo NAS wireless network storage  (Read 2159 times)

reis

• Calf
cant access Buffalo NAS wireless network storage
« on: January 24, 2012, 08:54:35 AM »

Hey guys, I appreciate your help and advice in advance.

I'm rather new to this type of technology so please bare in mind some terminology you might use thanks.

I have basically set up my CHL-500 network harddrive, when on LAN, on my own router wireless I am able to connect to my harddrive which is connected to my router.

But for some reason I'm unable to connect hen on  different router ( for example go to a friends house and try connect via buffaloNAS.com/???????

I understand something about activating something Port forwarding on my router but what settings do I use and how do I set that up so I can access my hard drive from a different location?

Cheers guys! 

King regards,

Reis. 

reis

• Calf
Re: can access Buffalo NAS wireless network storage
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 11:09:07 AM »

Its not no, Its a Virgin Super Hub Router. Not a Buffalo Router. Is this a necessity? 

reis

• Calf
Re: can access Buffalo NAS wireless network storage
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »

Thank you for your help. I'm trying to do it, changing the port forwarding in my Virgin Super Hub settings creating a port forwarding for TCP 9000 and setting the ip address last digit to 9 so it matches the ip on the NASNavigator2 But not its saying I have no access to the internet.

The image I send you, I have tried the HTTPS/SSL Encryption enabled and disabled but stuff it saysm Error accessing BuffaloNAS.com, Check internet settings.

So I have two problems,

1.cant connect from a different network

2.cant change the webacess external and interal port to 9000 because it says error accessing buffalonas.com, check internet settings. 

Thanks for your help!