Author Topic: 1tb External Hard drive problem  (Read 7253 times)

prozz67

• Calf
1tb External Hard drive problem
« on: January 21, 2012, 09:32:04 AM »

Hi, i dont know if this in the correct part or not, i have a 1tb buffalo external hard drive and I am trying to connect it to my new pc. when i connect the device it shows up as the driver has been installed fine and is working properly, it shows up in the device manager but doesnt show up in my computer so im unable to access the drive.

ive tried updating and reinstalling the driver but nothing seems to be working.

Please help!! :(

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: 1tb External Hard drive problem
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 05:23:52 AM »

does it appear in disk management?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

prozz67

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 05:42:59 AM »

Yes it does

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:33:06 AM »

Post a screen shot of disk management.

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

ecbrmd

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 07:49:51 AM »

hi, i got a buffalo 1TB pntu3 ministation portable disk drive, just bought it last february. it was working properly unitl all of a sudden, it was not recognized anymore by my PC. i uninstall/reinstal the drivers, restart the computer, it appears as HD-PNTU3 in the lower right  corner of the pc but itdidnt appear in the computer.

it is found in the device manager as buffalo HD and in disk management it is Unknown. 

i hope somebody can help me with this problem....

thanks....

dpumpin2012

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »

Its my opinion that most of these 1TB external HDD were not manufactured at optimal performance. I had exactly the same problem. Just bought the Buffalo HD PCTU 3 1TB external HDD but it worked for only 2 months after which it started not being initialized in the disk management option. It is actually recognized in the lower display tray but not visible in the computer. Its a pity no one has supplied a comprehensive solution to this problem and that I am losing a colossal amount of research data.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 03:45:18 PM »
1. If the data is important then you should have a backup. Don't know what it is? Then go google it
2. HDDs fail, it doesn't matter the size, manufacturer or whatever they ALL fail, far enough your one has failed within a short period of time, that's what the warranty is for, do use it!!

indrajit_pande

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 12:52:44 PM »

I faced a similar problem and found a simple solution for the Portable Buffalo HDD problem of not showing up in the HDD list though it seems to be connected as per the bottom trey icon for USB devices. The hard disk was also beeping and clicking and that got me worried on the hardware issue.

I simply changed the cable with the one that came with WD My Passport HDD. All problems seems to have gone and the Buffalo HDD is working as if there wasn't any problem. One thing I noticed is that the transfer rate with Buffalo HDD is much less than the other HDDs. Hope Buffalo will rectify these problems.

Hope this helps all the users.

Regards

Indrajit Pande

shahenshah

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 08:55:19 AM »

Dears I have a problem, could you plz look into it?  my mini station HD - PZ series (KCC-REM-BUF-HD-PZU3) when pluged in, shows the subject mentioned message. Then also it appears that "solutions available online", and when we click for solutions, there is no response. I don't view password menu to type my password anymore. So, I am afraid of my data loss. It is 1TB HD, and I bought it very expensive as it reached in market. Instead of my data protection, my data seems to be lost..............If there is any solution, kindly reply. Thanks. (shahenshah.dxb@gmail.com) from Dubai.