Author Topic: Disk erase Link Sation Live  (Read 7980 times)

smcaudata

• Calf
Re: Disk erase Link Sation Live
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 01:21:38 AM »

I had this same thing happen with my first LinkStation Live as well when trying to do a disk erase. Incidentally, my second drive has the same issue that my first drive had that made me try the erase feature. I am going to attempt to force a firmware update tomorrow.

It seems that there is an issue with the 1.06 firmware that can make corruptions of the file structure happen quite easily. There are numerous posts here with people needing to force updates and check all the config options after doing thing that shouldn't render the drive inoperable. I don't see any of these problems discusing the old firmware.  Hopefully Buffalo will figure out what is going on and get us an update quick like.

sami

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 01:14:37 PM »
   So... what do I need to do to make my linkstation work?

gazmather1973

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 01:20:18 PM »
   a miracle!!!!!

rottingbadger

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 04:44:09 PM »
   seems like it... won't be recommending it to my friends, that's for sure.

smcaudata

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 10:15:23 PM »
   You could try to force the firmware update a couple of times. Make sure that you have your software firewall off on the machine doing the update. If it doesn't work the first time, try again.  Unfortunately that is all that I have for advice. It eventually worked for me.

sami

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »
   I'm going to give back my unit to the vendor and perhaps trade it in for another brand. This was really unfortunate, as I really think the device has potential.

sami

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »
   Alright, got my unit exchanged for some storecredit.. I think I'm going for a QNAP next time. Bye guyz!

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 05:23:41 PM »
I saw this issue on our lab's LS-CHL... disk erase, then Internal Server Errors... The fix was a firmware force with all four config options checked. Make sure your firewalls are off. You may need to try a few times.