Author Topic: Windows 7 authentication with LS-CH500L-V2 1.56 firmware  (Read 1416 times)

stuboy

• Calf
Windows 7 authentication with LS-CH500L-V2 1.56 firmware
« on: January 16, 2012, 04:22:35 AM »

Hi chaps

We have a LS-CH500L-V2 on our network for backups and remote access.  I have setup users and can login from the web no problem.

Using the browse button on NAS naviagator, i try and gain access from my local win 7 machine and get the message "enter network password". My win 7 machine does not have a password so i'm a bit stuck.  If i try to "use another account" is that a windows account or NAS account if its windows I dont have any other accounts!

So my question is how can i browse my NAS when my win 7 admin account has a blank password?

Regards

Stu

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Windows 7 authentication with LS-CH500L-V2 1.56 firmware
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:33:40 AM »

You can try admin with the password of password. Which version of Windows 7 are you running and are the shares restricted on your unit? What happens if you try and go to start and typein \\theip of the unit that shows up in the Nas Navi? Example... \\192.168.11.150 ? Will it allow you to access your folders?

stuboy

• Calf
Re: Windows 7 authentication with LS-CH500L-V2 1.56 firmware
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:34:47 AM »

Hi Thanks for your reply

My setup on the NAS has 4 logins, I can login via the IP (else i couldn't have set the users up) but I want to share on my Win 7 machine and other local machines just like a normal hard disk, but i just get a login page from 7 and no matter what i put in it wont let me in.

All my win 7's are "Ultimate"   I also have XPsp3 on some.

I hope that makes sence and answer's your question?!