Author Topic: Backup - Active Copy Error 500 - unhandled RPC exception  (Read 1871 times)

Raistlin

• Calf
Backup - Active Copy Error 500 - unhandled RPC exception
« on: January 15, 2012, 12:29:22 PM »
An unhandled RPC exception occurred on method featureCommand: 500 [Unspecified server error]

That is the error that I am getting with two folders that I had setup for active copy, I cannot delete them.  Googled the error but only got two hits and they say to remove drive and run a chdsk on them.  Problem is that on the cloudstor the file system is different and I cannot run chdsk on them because Win7 says to format the drive before it can check for errors.

So how do I delete these two lingering active copy folders?  I have tried resetting the cloudstor to factory, doing a format for data but they are always there.?

Raistlin

• Calf
Re: Backup - Active Copy Error 500 - unhandled RPC exception
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 08:59:03 AM »

Anyone.... Anyone.... Bueller..... Bueller....

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 09:01:41 AM »

What are the folders called? How are you trying to delete them? Through the web browser, through a mapped drive or through using the P drive?

Raistlin

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 11:50:20 AM »

The folders no longer have a name on them.  They used to be "Pictures", "Videos" and "Music" that was setup for Active Copy with my desktop.  One day I happened to notice in the backup section of the web access that two of the folders did not have a name and I could not disable or delete them.  I then had a disk mount error and restored my cloudstor and formatted, but in the backup section it still has two folders with no name and I cannot delete them.  I get the error that I posted above.

These are not folders that I am trying to delete, it is the setup of active copy in the backup settings in the web access area.