Author Topic: (2) 2008 64-bit servers connected to TeraStation Pro II via iSCSI do not see same data all the time  (Read 3273 times)

cSRT4

• Calf

*side note: the Buffalo software does not work on 64-bit OSs (Vista or 2008) but I can live with that since they have utilities built in to do this.

I have (2) 64-bit 2008 servers. They each have dedicated dual-port Gigabit NICs connected to a dedicated Gb switch. This "dedication" is for iSCSI purposes ONLY! All network traffic (getting to the Internet or other machines on the network) is done through totally different Gb NICs and a totally different Gb switch. So, it looks like this...

Server1-> Gb switch1->>  TeraStation Pro II  <<-Gb switch1 <-Server2

File tansfers are typically around 70MBps and burst up to 700MBps! YES! I have transferred a 3GB files in under 5 seconds (many times)! Simply ASTOUNDING!

Here's my problem...

*From Server1, I add a file. Let's call it FileA.txt. From Server2, I can NOT see FileA.txt unless I go through the process of using the iSCSI Initiator within Windows to disconnect the TS Pro II iSCSI connection and re-adding it back or until I reboot the server, which is essentially doing the same thing.

*From Server2, I add a file. Let's call it FileB.txt. From Server1, I can NOT see FileB.txt unless I go through the process of using the iSCSI Initiator within Windows to disconnect the TS Pro II iSCSI connection and re-adding it back or until I reboot the server, which, again, is essentially doing the same thing.

*When I add a file from one of the servers, I need to be able to see that same file from the other server without having to re-initiate iSCSI.

What do I need to do to make the servers see the same files all the time?

Thnx in advance for any input.

cSRT4

• Calf
ADDED INFO
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 11:40:16 PM »

I left out an important part...

It is a TS-RIGL/R5

Firmware is 1.01