Author Topic: While firmware updating, Media Server update can not be updated ... Please click 'Update DTCP-IP'  (Read 11307 times)

drmemory

• Big Bull

marcelve - this was fixed on the DTCP server end. It requires an update to firmware 1.60 or later, and usually just restarting your device.

beecham

• Calf

Hi, still getting this. Running 1.65 and tried the following

1 Deactivate MediaServerDLNA function
2 Ensure that the latest FW version is on the device
  (1.65 on LS-WXL0A3)
3 Soft reset the device via web GUI
  (System / Maintenance / Restart...)
4 After restart, ensure that all network settings on the device are correct, and the device has Internet access
5 Activate MediaServer – the warning message will appear
  [While firmware updating, Media Server update can not be updated completely. Please click 'Update DTCP-IP' button after establishing Internet connection.]
6 Now click on “Update DTCP-IP” – it will bring another warning message
  [Playing, copying (moving) or recording contents is terminated forcefully. Are you sure?]
  click ok, "loading" starts....
  for me it turned out to be an endless loading or in other cases an error message appeared
  (I asume it does not matter what happens here, as the problem seems to be the local datasetting repository)
7 Go into MediaServer settings, and just hit “Save” without changing anything
  This did not work for me and I still received the error.
  But when I changed the settings and then saved, all went fine!  Hasn't worked here

I've updated firmware and done the soft reset all to no change. Really stuck someone must be able to get this working

ratty2013

• Buffalo

For the message at step 6: It looks like you've got a device on your network that is connected to the media server. Disconnect all devices on your network (Including smart tvs, mobiles, etc) and try again.

beecham

• Calf

Thanks I'll try this but only device I can think of as being attached is the actual PC i'm using to access the NAS admin and thats Win 7 ION not wifi. I'll dobuble check everything else is powered down but both mobiles in house are pretty old and laptop wasn't on.

beecham

• Calf

Hi, tried disconnecting everything and powering down anything wifi so all that was left was PC to access the admin, Still no joy...

ratty2013

• Buffalo

beecham wrote:

Hi, tried disconnecting everything and powering down anything wifi so all that was left was PC to access the admin, Still no joy...

Do you access the media sever on any of your PC's or laptops? As there might be a service running on your PC which is keeping the connection open on the media server.

beecham

• Calf

PC, just a PC, so far as I can tell I've killed all tasks that have anything to do wtih Itunes..

ratty2013

• Buffalo

beecham wrote:

PC, just a PC, so far as I can tell I've killed all tasks that have anything to do wtih Itunes..

As you are using only a PC, then you don't need the media server service. You just need to map the share as a network drive and use a media player like vlc which can be downloaded from videolan.org

The media server is for streaming video to devices such as smart TV's / Game consoles etc.

beecham

• Calf

Thanks but I'm trying to get it to stream to a Wifi radio upstairs, iPad and other devices... or do I not need to do this?

ratty2013

• Buffalo

beecham wrote:

Thanks but I'm trying to get it to stream to a Wifi radio upstairs, iPad and other devices... or do I not need to do this?

Have you tried disabling the media server service on the linkstation and then restart the linkstation and then re-enable the media server service while all your other devices are off? (Not just on standby)

As long as your Wifi ration is DLNA compatiable then you will be ok with the media server service. Also don't forget that you will need to download a DNLA streaming app for your ipad.

I've used the media server on my linkstations for many years and have only ever come accross this problem once and it was down to the fact that one device was connecting to the media server.