Author Topic: While firmware updating, Media Server update can not be updated ... Please click 'Update DTCP-IP'  (Read 11357 times)

englishtheriot

• Calf

I am so frustrated.  I have forced update, turned off firewall/antivirus and everything else I know and have read.

It still does not work.  I have the firmware version 1.56 and LS-WV2.0TL/R1.

I click on "Media Server" and get the following message "While firmware updating, Media Server update can not be updated completely. Please click 'Update DTCP-IP' button after establishing Internet connection."

I click on the "Close" button.

The DTCP-IP is still "Disabled."

I have done everything to try to enable it.

I click on the "Update DTCP-IP."

I get the same message.

I figured I would post this issue which is based on another post from September since there has been no solution posted.

davidsco27

• Calf

Same error here. It's ridiculous, and Tech has no clue

smvassallo

• Calf
I hope they fix the media server and is enabled in the next firmware update or sooner

englishtheriot

• Calf

Here is the reply from Buffalo support:

This error is a documented error that has occurred due to the latest

> firmware. A

fix is expected in the next release of firmware for this unit.

>

> Thank you,

>

> Marcel

> Buffalo Technical Support

My response:

> Do you have an expected release date?

Supports response:

Unfortunately we were not informed of the release date just that a fix is being worked on. Usually firmwares are released within a few weeks of the reported issue.

Thank you,

Delma .

flyhead

• Calf

Dear Buffalo-Techsupport Team;

The same particular problem happens to me as well.

I just bought the LS-WVLCFF and after I’ve setup the link station I got informed, that there is a Firmware update available to V 1.56.

So I’ve updated the LinkStation to the latest release V1.56. After installation I've got a positive reply, that the update has been installed successfully…

After that I went to the Extensions -> MediaServer, but suddenly a message popped up stating:

”While firmware updating, Media Server update can not be updated completely. Please click 'Update DTCP-IP' button after establishing Internet connection.”

So I’ve executed “update DTCP-IP”, but still I receive following feedback message:

“While firmware updating, Media Server update can not be updated completely. Please click 'Update DTCP-IP' button after establishing Internet connection.

I feel so frustrated, and there is no way of direct contacting Buffalo’s Techsupport to get a prompt feedback.

As it seams to me, buffalo is pretty unorganized and doesn’t provide professional support to their customers.

I’m coming from the same kind of biz, but with such attitude this won’t last long an no repeated buy will happen to all of us who are facing troubles and are in need of technical support.

Bases on your feedback from the 01-24-2012:

“Unfortunately we were not informed of the release date just that a fix is being worked on. Usually firmwares are released within a few weeks of the reported issue.”

-> Now several weeks even month have been passed by, without any update or bug fix.

When exactly will be an update released and bug fix available for this particular issue?

I appreciate in advance your support and feedback about this topic.

With best regards,

Hans D.

BuffaloB

• Calf

I have seen this help:

Update to the latest firmware available for your unit if you are not already running it.

If the NAS is configured with a static IP, confirm you have DNS addresses configured.

Disable the Media Server.

Click the update DTCP-IP button.

Once the update completes you can enable the media server again.

flyhead

• Calf
Dear BuffaloB, Thank you for your feedback. As you may have realized from my message before, I do run already the latest Firmware version V1.56 In this case I'm even not able to update this link station again, as the updating software doesn't find a release difference.... So how shall I overcome this problem now? Your repeated help is strongly required! Best regards, Hans D. aka fLyhead

davidsco27

• Calf

I don't think they plan on fixing this. It's been a problem forever, it's been reported to them repeatedly, and yet it remains. Ridiculous

flyhead

• Calf
I know, they give a sh.. about their customers Problems! Thanks for your understanding...

sf

• Calf

SAME PROBLEM! 

but more .. since the firmware upgrade the unit dosn't appear in win 7 NETWORK .. it can be accessed if it is mapped thru NASNAV .. but is steathed on the network searches.

marcelve

• Calf

Same problem, and in the meantime I'm running FW 1.63 passing through 1.62 and 1.56

So two firmware releases later, no solution

realborat

• Buffalo

Try This

1. Deactivate MediaServer function
  2. Ensure that the latest FW version is on the device
  3. Soft reset the device via web GUI
  4. After restart, ensure that all network settings on the device are correct, and the device has Internet access
  5. Activate MediaServer – the error message will appear
  6. Now click on “Update DTCP-IP” – it will bring another error message
  7. Go into MediaServer settings, and just hit “Save” without changing anything
  8. Repeat steps (5) and (6)
  9. Keep your fingers crossed.. :-)

drmemory

• Big Bull

which Linkstation part number do you have? Please email me at drmemory@buffalotech.com with your MAC (12 digit) address as well.

The method of updating DTCP between Linkstations and our  DTCP server has been changed. If you are seeing the popup DTCP error message and have firmware 1.60 or higher, you need to reboot your linkstation and re-click on update DTCP. You may need to clear your browser cache or change to a different browser if still seeing the message.  If still seeing the message, disable, then enable your media server (same page as DTCP section)

marcelve

• Calf

Funny,

It seemed to have resolved itself.

Three days after updating to f/w 1.63 and having the issue with DTCP, this morning it was there.

Seemed that it updated by itself or something like that.

In the past I had tried rebooting, different browsers etc.

Overall I'm very pleased with the linkstation and cosidering to add a second one

Steve_Frankfurt

• Calf

This was my LAST BUFFALO device.

It is unbelievable that Buffalo has NO CLUE how to fix this problem or provides ANY HELP according to this really enoying issue.

I just started this FW update to 1.56 not knowing what this would cause and finally I was left alone with all this trouble. how nice???

Thanks to "realborat" I was able to solve this issue. However, it did not work exactly as described...

1 Deactivate MediaServer function
2 Ensure that the latest FW version is on the device
  (mine was 1.56 for the LS-WXLC63, which was confirmed as latest
  - however, I read about 1.6x FW but this might relate to different types of LinkStation)
3 Soft reset the device via web GUI
  (System / Maintenance / Restart...)
4 After restart, ensure that all network settings on the device are correct, and the device has Internet access
5 Activate MediaServer – the warning message will appear
  [While firmware updating, Media Server update can not be updated completely. Please click 'Update DTCP-IP' button after establishing Internet connection.]
6 Now click on “Update DTCP-IP” – it will bring another warning message
  [Playing, copying (moving) or recording contents is terminated forcefully. Are you sure?]
  click ok, "loading" starts....
  for me it turned out to be an endless loading or in other cases an error message appeared
  (I asume it does not matter what happens here, as the problem seems to be the local datasetting repository)
7 Go into MediaServer settings, and just hit “Save” without changing anything
  This did not work for me and I still received the error.
  But when I changed the settings and then saved, all went fine!