Author Topic: New Ministation Extreme: "Cannot find a drive for which the password is not authenticated."  (Read 8169 times)

harryh

• Calf
Tried to reply the the first message in thread abut even that did not work
I have the same problem on one machine i.e "Cannot find a drive for which the password is not authenticated" a depressed to see that no solution has been offered in six months.  The machine in question is running XP but I have had no problem on another XP machine or machines running window 7. Frustration as I urgently need to back up data from the computer in question and was wanting to use a new 1TB Buffalo Ministation to do this.
Tried to download Secure Lock to see if that would help but, to add insult to injury, am told the SN I am entering is incorrect although it and the model number are as written on the disc.  Si it because I am not in the states?
Way to go, buffalo. >:(

harryh

• Calf
Model number HD-PZ1.OU3B-AP
I am guessing you do not want me to post my serial number as well

sivodsi2

• Calf
I too am pretty frustrated with the lack of an official answer from Buffalo. My previous Buffalo HD-PX500U2 finally died after many years of good service using the software encryption that came with it, so I thought the new HD-PZU3 would work just as well.

However, on some XP machines I get the same error message, and also on my old win7 laptop which I still occasionally use. This is most disturbing because I often rely on the files on the disc professionally.

However, I have managed to get the software to work on my old win7 machine by uninstalling the old Buffalo files installed from the previous version from the HD-PX.

I don't know if this will work for everyone. I have yet to try it on one of the old XP machines. I will report back and let you know if this solution works.

I