Author Topic: New Ministation Extreme: "Cannot find a drive for which the password is not authenticated."  (Read 8133 times)

IvanIphone

• Calf

I am trying to access data I saved to my new 

Buffalo Ministation Extreme HD-PZU3 

hd-pz2.0u3b-us

When I plug in the drive to a USB port on either Windows 7 or Windows XP laptop,

When I double-click on password.exe,  I see the error message box:

"Cannot find a drive for which the password is not authenticated."

I never see the dialog box for entering a password.

I have tried to call Tech Support but no one is answering (15 min)

Please help.

IvanIphone

• Calf

Thanks for replying Brian.   I waited on the phone for tech support from 3:15am - 4:15am before giving up and going to bed.   Buffalo must have had a run on tech support at 3am...

>> Does the drive show up under Computer/My Computer or in Disk Management?

Only as the CD-ROM part of it.  (the part that has the password.exe file on it that looks like a CD-ROM I believe)

But not the real drive itself as USB storage.

IvanIphone

• Calf

I am still experiencing this problem.

Can you give me something to try to fix it?

Cocamide

• Calf

I have the same problem and this is scaring me.. I had the drive for no longer than a few weeks and transferred all of my files to it. Overnight, when I plug the drive in it appears as CD-DRIVE (E): and when I run the password exe I get "cannot find the drive for which the password is not authenticated". Nothing changed on my PC.. running windows 7 64 bit. Desperately need a fix for this or I've lost years of pictures and music. All I did since was to install a second 1 TB drive to backup this one! Help :(

alexey

• Calf

I had the same problem with Win 7 64 bit. At first the drive worked perfectly on USB 3.0 with my Asus P9X97 deluxe. When I received the message "cannot find the drive for which the password is not authenticated" for the first time I reinstalled all USB3.0 drivers.This made things even worse. Now Windows does not see the drive as CD anymore. It is shown as unknown device  (with yellow mark) in Device Manager. Other drives plugged to USB 3.0 ports are working just fine.

Now I have plugged the New Ministatio?n Extreme into USB 2.0 and it works. I can authenticate the drive. I can get access to my files but the drive seems the waste of money whe it works on USB2.0.

I wonder what has caused this overnight rejection of the drive. Windows update?  Then Buffalo guys should do something about it.

vliexr

• Calf

I have the same problem with my harddrive on an XP computer. On my laptop (with windows 7 64 bit) it works fine. Did anybody have a reaction from Buffalo regarding this problem?

IvanIphone

• Calf

Nothing.

I will be in the market for a new NAS in December.  Was planning on replacing my antique Terastation with a new one. 

If Bufflo does not fix this problem by then, I will go to Qnap or Synology or Netgear.

JustinL24

• Calf

I"m experiencing the same problem as well.. Is there any error with windows or anything? Help is much appreciated! :)

mgtechus

• Calf
"Cannot find a drive for which the password is not authenticated.
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 03:41:54 PM »

Just bought a new ASUS motherboard and this HD-LX3 drive shows up as a CD Drive J: but I get this error (NO DRIVE REQUIRING AUTHENTICATION IS AVAILABLE)   It doesn't  work on my ASUS P8Z77-V MB 3.0 USB ports. However it works on a USB 2.0. Has anybody GOT the Suggestion or FIX?  I am running Win7 64 bit

IvanIphone

• Calf
Re: "Cannot find a drive for which the password is not authenticated.
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 11:25:16 PM »

I have never seen any solution to this problem.

alexey

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 11:42:39 PM »

Could be ASUS problem! The motherboards from ASUS are very variable. I have bouth two P9 and HDD works with one and does not with another. I wonder where does ASUS gets parts from?
BTW P8 is not new motherboard.

IvanIphone

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 11:52:12 PM »

My laptops that show the problem were made by Lenovo.

alexey

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 12:12:10 AM »

That is what I tried to hint by wondering about orining of ASUS parts :) They may be from Lenovo factories :)

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 03:23:40 AM »

If the data partition does not appear in disk management from multiple PCs using different USB cables then the HDD is faulty.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

IvanIphone

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 01:53:34 AM »

Then why does the drive work perfectly on some systems?