Author Topic: Why can't I access my shared files on my LS-CHL-V2E47  (Read 1603 times)

foxee

• Calf
Why can't I access my shared files on my LS-CHL-V2E47
« on: January 09, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »

Ever since a power outage I cannot access my files on my link station..... my pc seems to discover the link station but I cannot open the shared files... What's strange is it can be accessed through my PS3 but my pc just says"Windows cannot access //LS-CHL-V2E47" then when i diagnose the problem it says "the remote device or resource wont accept the connection" My pc can access other devices on my network... but cant even detect the link station when I use a usb cable... I am so frustrated...

I am not very good with computers but have tried the reset process and I cannot seem to resolve my problem... Is there anyone out there who knows what I can do??????

Help

foxee

• Calf
Re: Why can't I access my shared files on my LS-CHL-V2E47
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:48:44 PM »

My partners laptop also cannot access it... so the problem is not with my pc... all was fine before the power outage...

foxee

• Calf
Re: Why can't I access my shared files on my LS-CHL-V2E47
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 06:33:44 PM »

Try resetting the unit.  Power it off, press and hold the function button for 10 seconds, keep holding the button and power the unit on, let go and press the button again for 1 second.... Tried this again with yet again no success :(

You will also want to try using the NasNavigator software to detect the unit and see if there are any errors being reported... NasNav can detect it...  just cannot browse... with no error report...just does nothing

The status of the lights on the front can also help you know what's going on.  Anything blinking?  Is the function light on?  When resetting both the power light and the function light were constant blinking then the power light went orange and the function light is not on at all...??????????

:'(