Author Topic: No SFTP access with WXL NAS ??  (Read 4965 times)

anorec

• Calf
No SFTP access with WXL NAS ??
« on: January 07, 2012, 04:36:38 AM »

Hello,

I just bought a Buffalo WXL NAS and i'm really upset... on features list it s indicated it should support SFTP protocol... but everywhere on forums it seems it s not the case and a lot of people is trying to hack FW...how nice??

First, I lost my money with this product and second, i lost my time trying to have this stuff working... and i really have the feeling to have been cheated (because there is a SFTP checkbox in web GUI and in every features list)

Well... will it work soon or should i get rid of this NAS?

anorec

• Calf
Re: No SFTP access with WXL NAS ??
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 04:22:18 PM »

My NAS is a LSWX2.0TL/R1 (Linkstation duo 2To) with last FW1.56.

I checked SFTP checkbox in folders attributes. I can connect to the NAS with my (s)FTP client but it doesn't show the share folders but it works like a charm in plain FTP.

maxxdmg

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 04:33:52 PM »

I have a LSHX2.0TL. I use this function with FileZilla on PC and ES D. Explorer on my Android phone. You should make public for the user that you want the directory and open the port 22 on your router. Then try to access your NAS over IP if you don't have a dyndns account.

anorec

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »

I set directories 'read/write', i'm using Filezilla. I opened Port:22 on my router and i can connect to the NAS in FTP-SSH and i see 'array1' but not the shared directories...

maxxdmg

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 05:22:26 PM »

Go under Extensions / WebAccess and click Enable on the Directory that you want to acces over sftp. 

In Network / Network Services, FTP should be enabled.

Check under SHARED Folder if your directory have enabled the option SFTP.

anorec

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 05:40:17 PM »

Webaccess is enabled (if it's not related i think). FTP service is enabled network services.

I log with an approved user in Filezilla and still don't see any directory (except Array1). No problem with plain FTP.

didi96

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 08:53:23 PM »

I am having exactly the same problem. It was driving me crazy as I was trying every possible combination of settings. I had this nice long post complaining about how SFTP is completely broken. Then I tried one, final, last test.....

The magic that made it work is to do a complete power-on reset. For some reason, the changes are not made until a complete reboot is done. Would be nice if that was made clear in the manual.