Author Topic: Files missing from media player but on Linkstation  (Read 18741 times)

shaneharper

• Calf
Re: Files missing from media player but on Linkstation
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »
Jotin
Name:LS-CHL8B3 Firmware version:1.56
Yea that's basicly it
When I log in through a laptop all files are there
When I log in through a mediaserver, some files are missing

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 09:27:28 PM »

Ok, so do the files appear eventually on your own or do you always have to move files around? When you say that you login through a media server, do you mean like accessing the files through a PS3 or are will still talking about webaccess or both? Is there a pattern to the types of files that are having this issue, say like certain file types, or a certain size?

shaneharper

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 06:38:03 AM »
When I log in via a ps3 or iphone and web access. The files are missing
When I log in through the my network direct as a mapped drive, the files are present
If I move them around on the nas they appear?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 08:18:16 AM »

Is there a pattern to the types of files that are having this issue, say like certain file types, or a certain size? When you say you move the files around, are you moving them to a different share folder? Can you post a screen shot of your webaccess settings?

aabs

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 04:18:12 AM »

Hi add me to the list of users suffering the problem posted by the OP.

Maybe you have to experiance the issue to understand the problem but I will try to explain again in the hope a solution for this is found as my linkstation is on borrowed time in my pateints stakes.

1) On version 1.54 my linkstation would share AVI files accross my network and I would use either my PS3 or other DNLA device to play these files. However like other users have stated. It took 24 hours for any new AVI files placed on the linkstation to appear when using a DNLA or PS3 to browse the linkstation for the new files. However the new AVI files are always viewable when browsing the linkstation with PC. 

2) Since the 1.56 the same example as above but now the new AVI files never appear even after 72 hours. Another observation I have made is that if you browse to a file on yor  linkstation you had stored before the 1.56 update and delete it using a PC on the network. The file deletes as you would expect on the PC browser but if then browse the linkstation using a PS3 or DNLA device the file you have deleted still appears but will no longer play giving error stating playback not supported on the PS3 for example.

I hope this will help customer support resolve this issue that has deemed my linkstation useless for my purposes.

aabs

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 05:57:41 AM »

Update

I have just followed the post by Jotin on how to force a firmware update.

I have now forced through the 1.56 fware again but the problems still persist and the web interface seams slow to respond.

A format is my last resort so I am looking for one of the older firmwares to force through if there is an archieve somewhere.

dhaikney

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue reported in this thread. I have ripped my DVD collection to a directory on my Linkstatiion (running FW 1.56). The directory (share/media/Movies2) contains 100+ files but when viewed on a DLNA player I only see 18 of them

I have 3 DLNA players (A sony blu-ray player, a sony TV and the MediaConnect iPhone app) - each of them shows this same subset so I'm confident it's the Linkstation server that's imposing the limitation. The files were all created using the same tool with the same settings.

I have tried re-installing the firmware and changing the directory name (hence the directory is now Movies2 not Movies) and I still only see a small number of the files. I've looked for a pattern between the chosen files that do manage to appear on the DLNA players but there'e nothing obvious (all the same type, a mixture of sizes, same permissions).

I have attached some screenshots so that you can see the files in that directory as mounted on my laptop and how only a small number of these files appear on the DLNA player.

Are there any other possible workarounds or suggestions how this can be debuggeed further?

aabs

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 04:44:31 AM »

Bump

Hello tech support is anyone reading this ??

shaneharper

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »
May have a solution that has worked for me
Change the media server drive to a single sub folder rather than the root share
Rename directories that are missing to either a single word or use underscores
I was using "movies and tv" and it did not show up
Change the media server directory back
In my case this was the root share refresh and restart the server
Give it 10mins and re log in through your dnla browser and they should turn up
Not sure if it is something to do with spaces I the file directory names on the main share folder
But this has worked for me
I am syncing music off my pc and this shows up every time on the nas drive when I access via the dnla, but my movies and tv shows did not?

aabs

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 05:45:21 AM »

I have now formatted my drive and installed shonks 1.54 fware but the drive is still not showing up on my DNLA equipment. It shows okay browsing with PC.

The link station is on a static ip in the same range and workgroup.

I have tried to access the twonky page but get page unavailable at {ip address:9050}

Anyone have any ideas what to do next ?

aabs

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 08:11:27 AM »

UPDATE

I have installed shonks 1.54 firmware in debug mode and now have my linkstation working again with my PS3 and Humax Fox.

One final hurdle left for me now is to get my Sony Bravia KDL40ex403 to see the linkstation. It fails to find the linkstation (twonkey) as a media server.

But when i web browse twonkey I can see that the Sony Bravia is conected.

Is it now possible to go back to firmware version 1.37 as thats when my linkstation was most stable on my network.

I would be grateful if anyone has a back up I could use or a DL link for 1.37

csanctis

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »

I have a LS-WVL2.0TL/R1 Firmware version:1.56 and I am having the same issue. 

Did any one find a solution yet?

mcreagant

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 02:38:06 AM »

They have release 1.57 now. Try this, maybe it will fix the problem

bennean

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 05:47:44 AM »

I have the same problem and 1.57 does not appear to fix the problem. I'd be grateful if someone from Buffalo could response to these posts...(and the lack of response isn't great PR is it?)

bennean

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 09:13:55 AM »

I seem to have stumbled upon a way to fix this, on my system, at least. My Linkstation uses Twonky as its media server so if you go to port 9050 on the NAS you can access the Twonky server. From there you can rebuild the media database and then the missing files magically appear to DLNA clients.