Author Topic: Possible to clear logs on TeraStation?  (Read 5167 times)

Darrell

• Calf
Possible to clear logs on TeraStation?
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:20:02 PM »

Hi,

I have a 4TB TeraStation Pro II with model and firmware TS-HTGL/R5 F/W 1.33.  I have gone through the process of resetting the unit back to the factory defaults, but noticed that the System Log and File Operation Log still contain information.  These logs are located in the menu tree at System Status -> Log Information.

Is there a procedure I can follow to erase the logs?

kevin

• El Toro
Re: Possible to clear logs on TeraStation?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 04:42:22 PM »
   Did you initialize the unit using the Web GUI or reset button?

Darrell

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 05:04:36 PM »

I used the web GUI, Maintenance -> Initialization, then the option to reset configuration to factory defaults.  Thanks for the tip, I didn't realize there is an initialize button behind the drive door.  Looks like the same behavior though with respect to the logs.  I held the button down until the init sequence started, although at the end the logs were still intact.

It isn't a huge deal.  I need to return the unit and wanted to completely restore it to its original state.  There doesn't seem to be any security sensitive info in the logs, other than local machine names, IP addresses, etc.

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 07:59:05 PM »
   Unfortunately I am unaware of any other function that could clear the logs, seems like they cannot be cleared.

cyberskiy

• Calf
Re: Possible to clear logs on TeraStation? UPDATE?
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 09:54:56 PM »
Hello, I am wondering if there is any new way to delete / clear the system logs of my TS1400D TeraStation. I factory reset the  device along with initialized the device but cant seem to delete the old system log information. TS1400D under the management tab has no option to delete the previous logs. I'm trying to remove all the information of the old network it was attached to. Thank you for your help.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Possible to clear logs on TeraStation? UPDATE?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 03:01:37 AM »
Hello, I am wondering if there is any new way to delete / clear the system logs of my TS1400D TeraStation. I factory reset the  device along with initialized the device but cant seem to delete the old system log information. TS1400D under the management tab has no option to delete the previous logs. I'm trying to remove all the information of the old network it was attached to. Thank you for your help.

Either delete the share the logs are in or format the Terastation.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!