Author Topic: TS II won't recognise 1TB WD Elements USB Drive  (Read 1588 times)

norlan

• Calf
TS II won't recognise 1TB WD Elements USB Drive
« on: October 25, 2009, 05:10:03 AM »

I have a Terastation II TS-HTGL/R5 (2TB) with firmware 1.33.  I used to have 2 USB drives attached to it for backup.  I replaced one of the drives with a Western Digital 1TB Elements drive.  The TS can't see it at all, it simply identifies the status of the disc as "disconnected".  The disc itself is working fine, I connected it directly to a PC and it was recognised OK.  I have rebooted the disc and the TS a few times but no joy.  Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated.  

norlan

• Calf
Re: TS II won't recognise 1TB WD Elements USB Drive
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 05:26:13 AM »

Just sorted the problem.  I removed the disc assignment and the disc was instantly recognised and came to life.  Sorry if this was something obvious that I should have done in the first place before posting a message but I had a bit of a trawl through the forum and the manual that came with the TS and couldn't figure out what to do.

diogobm

• Calf
Re: TS II won't recognise 1TB WD Elements USB Drive
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »

Dear Norlan,

I'm experiencing a similar problem and my USB, although connected and appearing the the System Status > USB Details , does not show total capacity and file format in the Disk Management > Drive Properties or  Disk Management > USB Settings.  Hence, when I go to Shared Folders, the usbdisk1 does not appear and I am unable to share/access it.

I have another functioning USB disk and have both of them formatted in Ext3 format. I've tried the unassignment multiple times to no success... how exactly did you manage to solve this?

thanks in advance,

Diogo