Author Topic: DLNA Troubleshooting for LS-WX4.0TL-R1  (Read 2376 times)

monkey_man

• Calf
DLNA Troubleshooting for LS-WX4.0TL-R1
« on: January 07, 2012, 12:19:12 AM »

Hi there,

I need help with DLNA for this hard drive as a media server.  Everything is set up correctly to my router (WNDR4000) and accessible via wireless.  I am able to read and write to the hard drives that can be accessed with PC or DLNA Clients.  There are few folders set up to the LS-WX4.0TL-R1 but not Pictures folder.    Now,  the problem for me is with my uploading files through my phone to linkstation.  My phone is Motorola Bionic with DLNA Capability.  Recently I uploaded pictures via Wifi to Media Server which is LS-WX4.0TL-R1.  The message said that the pictures have been uploaded succesfully.   I see the pictures on my DLNA-TV, and the phone showed that the pictures are placed outside the folders I've set before hand.  I thought everything is set and done.  When I am on my PC to organize those photos into one folder, those pictures do not exist!    I can't find those pictures at all, but still viewable to all DLNA Clients.  My Question is how can I delete or edit those photos as all Clients do not have capabilites to delete or move items.... Please help! 

monkey_man

• Calf
Re: DLNA Troubleshooting for LS-WX4.0TL-R1
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 12:18:02 PM »

Thanks for the reply Brian,

I didn't upload files via Web Access application. Instead, I used the DLNA app that was pre-installed in the phone.  How do I make sure that I have my folder settings to show hidden items?  Would you please show a guide on how to do this?  Greatly appreciated!

monkey_man

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »

For additional info,

1. Web access feature is disabled.

2. The show hidden files/folders settings in windows is enabled.  I don't know if Buffallo have their own kind.

monkey_man

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »

I haven't try the FTP method, but I didn't find any issue with either WebAccess method or  using File Manager app from the Droid Bionic.  With Web Access and File Manger (shared Server), they gave me options to where I would like to store files.  With DLNA,  I just given one option to copy to media server and a confirmation that the file has been uploaded successfully.   I should've used those two methods instead and will do in the future, but I was curious on trying the DLNA for once.  I can only see pictures via DLNA only now with no option to delete them.  I can see it using Windows Media Player and when I check the source, it gave me an IP address link, so I have no clue where the file are placed.

monkey_man

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:18:30 PM »

I try to search for it with web access and still no luck :( 9050 is not accessible but can show specifics one if you look at the properties from WMP with DLNA. but if I make the IP address shorter.... it can't reach