Author Topic: EM 21 on LS-CHL2.0TL  (Read 1680 times)

w12x40

• Calf
EM 21 on LS-CHL2.0TL
« on: December 30, 2011, 07:22:54 PM »
My NAS is giving me the amber two long, one short code. Restarting won't get me out of this mode. From what I read, this code means the box is checking the disk, and this could run for many hours. Is there a way to stop it from checking, copy all my stuff and then get it repaired or replaced? Thanks.

w12x40

• Calf
Re: EM 21 on LS-CHL2.0TL
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 01:09:24 PM »
Eventually, it told me my firmware is 1.34 instead of 18.00 or some other nonsense. I let the drive sit with I21 for at least 24 hours, and then I decided to try forcing the firmware update. 1. Turned it off. Strangely, the off switch has no effect while in EM, I have to unplug it. 2. Hold down the function button for six seconds, turn it on, release function then repress and hold for ten seconds. 3. As soon as I saw the solid blue light (it's solid for about a second or so before it goes to I21), I did the force firmware update, debug mode. Interestingly, the firmware updater only worked if I started it up as soon as the flashing blue stopped. When I tried without restarting, it kept prompting for a password and failing no matter what I typed. I had to use Task manager to shut the updater down. 4. Long process. It copied the firmware in and installed it. At the end of the installation, a message pops up saying it failed, and the flash was aborted. 5. I unplugged it and restarted. Now I get the red one long - six short. E16. NASnavigator would let me start the web access, but the web access never proceeded past the Buffalo logo. 6. After a while, NAS went back to displaying the weird characters for the hostname (’ĘÔūT) and suggesting that I update the firmware. What do I do with it now?

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 01:25:11 PM »

I would try to "rebuild partiton table" and "delete user config".

Edit the LSUpdater.ini form  NoFormatting = 1 to NoFormatting = 0 and force update.

w12x40

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 08:11:37 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to answer. Will that destroy the data on the drive?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 08:56:24 PM »
Yes it will
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!