Author Topic: Backup is skipping certain shares  (Read 1017 times)

justinbloom

• Calf
Backup is skipping certain shares
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:40:25 AM »

I apologize if this has been answered. I tried skimming through about 200 threads and couldn't find what I needed.

A while back I did a complete backup over USB. Later, I found that what I wanted to do is a Overwrite Backup - Differential Backup. I tried that, hoping it would add to the complete backup I had done and found out it didn't work that way, and ended up filling up my backup disk. I have five shares, and it was backing up all five before it filled up. All of the shares had a log file that showed this, and there were folders created for them.

To fix the problem, I re-formatted my backup drive and I tried to start over with an Overwrite Backup - Differential Backup. However, while it re-runs the backup for three of the shares, it is skipping two of the shares. They don't even get log files. How can I get it to back up the other two shares? Does it possibly think they are already backed up?

Thanks,

Justin

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Backup is skipping certain shares
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:55:06 AM »

Can you post a screen shot of your Backup and share folder settings (for the two shares that are not being backed up)?