Author Topic: WINS Server and Terastation TS-RX4.0TL/R5 (TS-RXL/R5 series): do not work as expected. Problem  (Read 1713 times)

betting

• Calf

I have 2 TS-RX4.0TL/R5 with firmware version 1.40

The problem is each terastation register itself twice on the WINS server sending in order the LAN 1 address and then, after some seconds, the LAN 2 address that overwrite the previous one.

Due to LAN2 interfaces are simply connected with a cross cable and their addresses are "out of the LAN", the fact that the LAN2 address overwrite the LAN1 address cause an error.

Once is configured as:

LAN 1: 192.168.1.5

LAN 2: 192.168.2.5

WINS SERVER: 192.168.1.2

The second as

LAN 1: 192.168.1.6

LAN 2: 192.168.2.6

WINS SERVER: 192.168.1.2

LAN1s are attached to the network switch. LAN2s interfaces are connected toghether with a across cable to obtain "out of band replication".

To solve the problem I switched the configuration of the LAN1 and LAN2, so now LAN1 are "cross connected" and LAN2 are connected to the main LAN switch. That solve the WINS problem, BUT I cannot use Tersastation Backup and Replication even if the Backup/Replication service is binded to the LAN1 interface (and not to the LAN2 interace).

HOW TO fix this strange behaviour? I need Backup/Replication... and must register Terastation to a WINS server to avoid network performance issues...

Thank's in advance for your kindly answers.