Author Topic: I12:The RAID array works under degrade mode: How to know if HD really fails?  (Read 50472 times)

jamesnb

• Tatanka

I have LS-WXL, Linkstation Duo with RAID 1 setup (2x 1TB HD)

I got this error yesterday, Disk 1 error according to NAS webadmin, under storage.

I have tried to rebuild the Array 1, does not solve the problem.

I do not have any available desktop to physically check this assumed faulty HD.

Is there anyway from within the NAS, to know if the HD fails (so that I can replace with the new one), or the problem is with the NAS itself?

I am running latest firmware version 1.54 for this NAS (at the time of writting this)

Any idea would be much appreciated.

jamesnb

• Tatanka

Hi brian,

I have bought a brand new HDD, identical to the one in NAS. It is now in place of the assumed faulty one.

Just before I swich on the NAS, could you please point out for me the procedures (step by step is appreciated) to rebuild the Array?

Thanks

jamesnb

• Tatanka

@Brian,

I have just gone through your steps to rebuild the RAID 1. It really turns out the HDD was the issue. It works perfectly now!

Thank you very much! I appreciated your effort.

eroomcreative

• Calf

Hi Brian

I have the same problem however when I follow your instructions I do not get the option to 'Rediscover' as it is greyed out.

Is there a way around this?

dualeh

• Calf

Hello Team,

I am having problem with my buffalo ls-wxl, The error is i12 raid array works under degrade mode, first instance i though its a disk error  and bought a new disk, after when i put in the new disk its still shows same error which is raid array works under degrade. could anyone point me to solve issue please.is this could be buffal itself or some sort of other issue.

mhanabe

• Calf

I have  a LS-WXL339 and getting the I12: The RAID array works under degrade mode. What exactly is the problem and what is the remedy?

realborat

• Buffalo

Log on to the web interface of the unit and go to system/storage select the disc with the error and see if it allows you to Format it. While you are at it why don`t you let us know the Firmware version of the LS

jwe

• Calf
Hi!
How did it go with this?
I'm having the same problem to discover a new disc.
My fw version is1.64 (20121203)

pmg56

• Calf

Is it something to do with the year 2013 haha.  Joking apart my NAS LinkStation duo which has been working perfectly for over 12 months developed the same fault yesterday morning.  I followed some advice via this Forum and ignored that to upgrade the firmware as we installed 1.64 early in January this year, but proceeded to run check disk (as advised).  I initiated that at around midday yesterday, lost all access to the drive and until 10 minutes ago (over 32 hours) it was still not accessible with a rotary timer spinning when I eventually managed to access the drive using its know IP address.  Worse still, I turned the switch to off and it wouldn't power down, so having again looked on this forum I threw caution to the wind, disconnected the lan and  pulled the plug. 

I was minded to reset, but decided to repower and also booted the laptop.  May be my imagination, but it seemed to take a little longer for the blue power light to steady and sadly the info/error light started flashing amber; 1 long 2 short so I am back where I started -  in degraded mode.  The good news is that on sparking NAS Nav2, the drive reappeared (albeit with a yellow question mark on it)  and, I can access all files on it, so am now in the process of transferring files to my laptop. Then and only then will I then try and rebuild the raid (1) setup.  

My question: I took the front cover off and have notice that a red light is displayed under drive 1 does this mean it has failed or is this somehow associated with degraded mode.  In short do I need to buy a new disk drive or simply return the entire unit as it is still under the two year warranty?     

GovindAgrawal

• Calf

Dear Brian

Thanks for helping people.

Some Days ago my Buffalo TeraStation TS5400D [1TB*4] showing a error that disk 3 damaged The Raid Arrey is in degraded mode.

That time remove disk 3 and replace in warranty, today I got new HDD and mounted it in bay 3, but still message "The Raid Arrey is in degraded mode" showing.

I tried following things Web Login > Drives > Unmount HDD 3 > Redecover Drives.

Please check below snap shot, I am confuse that if click yes all the data will be lost of all the availble disk or just it will format disk 3.

I am using this NAS as iSCSI drive on windows server 2003 as F:/ Drive

Web Login

TheSidewinder

• Calf

Read the second reply by brian_nathaniel on page one of this thread. I'm not 100% sure if that's relevant, so will let you make that call.

GovindAgrawal

• Calf

I did not get mentioned options pn web console.

eu7545

• Calf
I need help with 2 things please. I am using LS-WVL/R1 series.

1. It's also on degraded mode. I see some steps to follow in this thread but unable to do so as my password is not accepted anymore after upgrading the firmware to 1.71 on the web portal afterwards using my old password and the new admin/password - it still says wrong password. I don't know what happened.

Please help on what to do please..

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
I need help with 2 things please. I am using LS-WVL/R1 series.

1. It's also on degraded mode. I see some steps to follow in this thread but unable to do so as my password is not accepted anymore after upgrading the firmware to 1.71 on the web portal afterwards using my old password and the new admin/password - it still says wrong password. I don't know what happened.

Please help on what to do please..

Do you have access to the data?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

eu7545

• Calf
before the firmware upgrade yes.