Author Topic: bittorent client can be improved IMHO  (Read 4775 times)

kotlec

• Calf
bittorent client can be improved IMHO
« on: November 23, 2011, 05:51:31 AM »

On the good side. Torrent client is working very stable and fast for me. I give 10 point for that.

Now not so good.

I like and use bt very much. But one that is installed on my Ls-VL is pretty lame. Why can't we have option to install full version of it? I see many options other than BT that I dont need at all though. Like backup for example.

With more downloads it is very hard to keep everything organized ,when there are no possibility to make folders inside bt folder. If I move files outside BT folder -seeding is interrupted and I get ban from my provider very soon. To have multiple copies of multiple files instead is also not a nice option for me.  I already have problems finding what I need among hundreds of files.

Also not having possibility to select what files to download when starting torrent is also very bad. 

My PC version of same client has all those options and makes client much more valuable.  

One more problem - it is not possible to use BT if accessed from iPad.  All fields are messed up and nothing works as intended.

Anybody have solutions for those problems ?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: bittorent client can be improved IMHO
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 09:01:32 AM »
Why don't you post this in the ideas exchange lounge so others can vote on it.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

kotlec

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »

Never new it existed somewhere. :D
Now I know - thanks 

dach

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »

I can select torrent files on my cloudstor (also labeled linkstation on the case). 

Right click on a unfinished downloading file in a torrent, and there is a popup to set priority: high, normal, low, skip

It doesn't seem to be working in firefox.  But it works in Chrome and IE.

kotlec

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 04:20:31 PM »

Today noticed that not all torents are displayed in the client window.  It counts like 96 under all tab (or any other), but window itself is showing only 50 or so. 

EDIT: 

Ok - this seems to be controlable via control panel.  My bad.

bastono

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 02:14:39 AM »

I figured out that the best way to access WebUI uTorrent from Safari browser on iPad is by using it in vertical/potrait mode. Don't forget to turn off the auto-rotation as otherwise it might mess up the screen.

Alternatively, if your iPad is jailbroken, you can get some other apps from Cydia store such as uTorrent and uRemote. Both apps works perfectly on iPad, though the screen size is made for iPhone, in small screen size.

Good luck.

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »

96 torrents?  How fast is your ISP?  That is a lot of torrnts to be running!

csopiba

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 04:22:30 AM »
Problem with torrent files (all contents lost!) - HD - 2.0TB LS-CH2.0TL

HI,

If I am removing torrent files from the list in the bittorrent download manager gui it is also removing the actual downloaded content from the HD itself and cannot be find anywhere as the downloaded file is deleted with the torrent file together.

Could somebody have an explonation why or how to remove torrent files from the list and keep the downloaded item?

Thanks!

Gyula

dach

• Tatanka
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 10:06:53 AM »

Maybe there is there a firmware upgrade for your NAS that will also update the bittorrent?

On cloudstor bittorrent I am able to delete torrent and keep 'data'.  When I click X there is a popup with a checkbox to also delete data.  I'm using google chrome browser.

?

Bittorrent client information:

BitTorrent
BitTorrent Embedded
Copyright © 2011 BitTorrent, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

Client Information

Product Version 3.0
Source Revision 25419
Build Date 2011-06-24 17:06:02 -0700
Peer ID UT300B
User-agent uTorrent/300B(25419)(embedded)

csopiba

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »

Aha, I did not see this, I might not remember well, or mistakenly I have checked it in, but that has a smaller possibility, I will check this again.Maybe my firmware for the hd LInkstation Live is different. I have the latest firmware for sure I have checked that after buying it. The torrent client is really slow much slower then on my iMac using transmission. So Basically it is useless for me at this shape, shame..:(

Tnx

Gyula

kotlec

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 02:42:13 PM »

If you right click torrent itself , you wil lhave oportunity to choose delete torent file or all information completely. 

My download speed is limited by DSL only  and is up to 500kB/s.

tickled

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »

@dach - how did you find the bittorrent client information? I have the LS-VL, but dont see any thing in the UI that provides that info.

dach

• Tatanka
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »

On the lower-left there is an "About" link

tickled

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 09:41:33 PM »

Hmm.... I dont have any such link... guess our versions are different.

ralfy

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »
I am using Linkstation Live 2 TB with 1.56, but Bittorrent is not very stable: after a few days or weeks, the speed slow down. To solve the problem, I've to backup the tracker files, disable, initialize, enable Bittorrent, re-load the trackers, and the speed goes back to normal. But the files have to rechecked, and rechecking is slow if they are large. Originally, I thought the slow speed was caused by tweaking the Bittorrent configs, but even after I didn't do that, the speed went down anyway after a week or so. For copying downloaded files, I just use Windows explorer in Win 7 to access the torrents directory in the NAS drive and copy them to my PC hard disk, where I can burn them to disks.