Author Topic: Help Needed. Cannot assign IP to Cloudstor CS-WX 1D  (Read 2315 times)

xemee

• Calf
Help Needed. Cannot assign IP to Cloudstor CS-WX 1D
« on: November 19, 2011, 11:17:02 PM »

Dear All,

This sounds silly but it happened.

Background info

Cloudstor CS-WX 1T version.Firmware 1.12.  Connected to wireless and worked OK in the last a few days.

Computer: Windows XP pro SP3.

Yesterday, I playfully change the device setting of Cloudstor, from default DHCP automatic IP to manual IP address.

Soon it becomes offline with amber light in a pattern of 5 long & 3 short (which I cannot get any info from manual).

Seems my router does not allocate that IP to the device anymore and I cannot override IP from router.

Now this cloudstor carries a wrong static IP and remain offline no matter how hard I try. 

I cannot access device setting menu anymore since it's offline.

Tried NASNavigator2 to reallocate IP, but 'device not reply'.

I am thinking if there is a hard reset function or direct line connection for diagnosis mode. But cannot find an instruction from user manual.

Anyone can give some advice here?

Regards,

Tyler

xemee

• Calf
Re: Help Needed. Cannot assign IP to Cloudstor CS-WX 1D
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 01:08:38 AM »

I manage to find the reset method by changing searching keywords.

And it works. IP restored back to DHCP mode and my device revived.

Strongly suggest to include this method into manual or at least into the FAQ of forum.

Here is the method from admin:

Please switch the unit to off and wait until the lights are off.

Hold the function button for 10 seconds while it is still off.

While still holding the function button after 10 seconds please flip the switch to off.

Once the function light begins to blink release the function button and press it again for one second.

Wait until the power light is solid and this will restore your unit.

This process will not delete any data and will only restore the admin password and set the IP address back to DHCP.

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:25:35 AM »

I 53 means no connection to Pogoplug server, it is not documented.

Use a network cable.

You have to find out the actual IP with NAS navigator (you have to download it if not already done).

Then change the IP of your computer.

Make sure that your computer/server is on the same subnet as the NAS.

Example:

IP Address of NAS: 192.168.11.150

IP Address of computer/server: 192.168.11.xxx (where xxx is anyvalue between 0 and 255 but NOT 150)

Then you can access the CS  via http://192.168.11.150 (use the IP matching IP address of your CS), password is password and configure back to DHCP.

xemee

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 07:18:06 AM »

Thanks for the kind reply.

I however did not try that out coz the reset method solved the issue.

But I suppose my case is quite rare coz the static IP I fixed last time is a public one 219.xxx... and subnet mask also very wired (don't know why) And my route would never assign that IP section anymore (also don't know why).

Not sure if I manually override my laptop IP inside that subnet will work or not...

Anyway, in this situation, seems the reset is the simplest solution.

btw, when you perform a reset that way, you will see power & option 2 blue LED blinking alternatively. That's a sign of successful reset instruction sent.