Author Topic: SleepTimer and LinkStation LS-WXL. How can I set sleeptimer to leave NAS running one night/week?  (Read 1440 times)

philwolsey

• Calf

Situation

i wish to use the timers to create my preferred power management configuration i.e., to send the device to sleep every night from 12.00pm-6.00am except Sunday night, which is when I use it to create one of my Win7 32 bit Lenovo laptop backups. On Sunday and I want it to wake say, at 6.00 and stay awake until Midnight on Monday, when it should go into its 6 day routine of switching off for the night at midnight

Complication

I can't think of a logical way to do it.

Attempted solutions

1. Engage Timer 1, select mode 'Specific day of the week', check all tick boxes except Sunday
  2. Engage Timer 2,  er, . . . . .

Commentary

If I only use Timer 1 for 6 days/nights, then as far as I can see, it will fall asleep on Saturday at midnight and won't awaken until Monday morning at 6.00am. If I try to set Timer 2 only for waking at 6.00 and leaving the 'begin sleep' drop down menu blank, I get an error message 'Sleep timer of Usage Window 2 is earlier than awaken time of Usage Window 2. Please set Sleep Time later than Awaken Time'.

Does anyone know if the configuration I'm after is possible, and how I would set it up (otherwise I guess I have to set myself a Calendar reminder to disable the timer on Saturday evening and re-instate it on Monday evening, no deal breaker but I was hoping that this is what timers are for).

Thanks

Phil

Jotin

• Big Bull

Unfortunetly it does not seem like that is possible due to the fact that you must set up a wake and sleep time on every timer. If this was not the case then it would be possible by using three different timers.

philwolsey

• Calf

Thank you for your answer John. At least I'm not stupid or mad (or if it turns out I am, at least I'm not alone ;-)