Author Topic: DriveStation Axis Arrives Today-Want To Back Up LS Duo  (Read 6382 times)

Ringfinger

• El Toro
Re: DriveStation Axis Arrives Today-Want To Back Up LS Duo
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »
Will do. Thanks!

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2011, 06:13:06 AM »

Okay, that didn't work.

I reformatted the USB drive, I added a new job with the 6 folders to back-up.  I checked full back-up box, set it to differential back-up.

All it did is copy one folder, and it is the one folder that it always backs up when I do this.  The only way I get a full back-up is to set the back-up to full, not differential.

So, can anyone help.  If it means anything, the one folder that it does back-up was added after the first time I tried a back-up so in my mind it seems that have it ingrained that is the differential and only copies that, however that was weeks ago.  Please please help!

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 06:13:58 AM »

I even tried to set it to do a full, and then after that was done I changed the job to differential and it only copied that one folder I was talking about, the other five were gone.

Wierd.

As I am warching it now, it seems to be writing files to the drive as I see them there, then next thing you know they are all gone as if it were a differential and the data was allready there.

The only thing that works for me is a full backup every week.  Fix this!!