Author Topic: Buffalo HD-LB2.0TU3 Software Problems  (Read 3224 times)

LastHero

• Calf
Buffalo HD-LB2.0TU3 Software Problems
« on: November 06, 2011, 01:11:10 PM »

Hello everybody

I just bought a new external hard drive called Buffalo HD-LB2.0TU3 with 2 TB. I connected it to my pc via a USB 3.0 USB- PCI-Express Card. I'm also using Win 7 64-bit.

So, when I connect my external hard drive, Windows recognize it (even the device manager) and I can work with it. But when I try to install some of the Buffalo software, it always says that the device is not connected or is is not found and so on. That's a bit strange to me. And I really like to install the eco manager, cause I want use it as a backup disk and don't need it active all the time. Can anybody help me? Please?

?

LastHero

• Calf
Re: Buffalo HD-LB2.0TU3 Software Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 06:43:49 AM »

Today I found out that the reason is that I formatted the external drive with the normal windows tool and not with the supplied DiskFormatterLite software. And now all the software of Buffalo isn't capable to find the external drive.

Is there a way to reset it or something like that, so I can install the software?

?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 10:54:14 AM »

You could try deleting the partition. If that does not work then you can reformat it and download the CD again and see if that will allow you to use the software.

LastHero

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:04:23 AM »

I already did that. Multiple times and with different software. Even with the DiskFormatter (the supplied Buffalo formatting tool). It didn't help.

?