Author Topic: TS-RVH12LT/R6 - Issues  (Read 1770 times)

Lucretius

• Calf
TS-RVH12LT/R6 - Issues
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:04:01 PM »

Model: TS-RVH12LT/R6

Firmware: 1.01 (downloading 1.1 now, but I don't see any fixes in the notes that suggest my problem is being addressed)

I began looking for answers on the VMware forums here, but I think the problem is how the TeraStation is handling rights itself.

I need it to not assign the rights its assigning.

Everyone - no rights

nobody (Unix User\nobody) - Read/Write

nogroup (Unix Group\nogroup) - no rights

At this time I can't copy anything from the NAS created with the powershell script I'm running for virtual machine backups.

I've read some articles online about hacking the Terastation to obtain root access and then working with rights manually, I need a simpler fix.

Lucretius

• Calf
Re: TS-RVH12LT/R6 - Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:31:02 PM »

After applying the firmware update I can pull the files off even though the persmissions are apparently still there.

This is baffling.  I'm copying my clones off the NAS right now, when thats finished I remount the NAS in vSphere and see what happens.  I'm betting it locks the share down itself.  It will be interesting to find out.

Lucretius

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 04:51:34 PM »

I'm still looking for a way to modify the permissions using the command line from within windows.

I posted the question on server fault.  Does anyone have any idea how to grant the other class RWX permissions from within server 2008 using something like icacls or set-acl?

http://serverfault.com/questions/328679/modifying-nfs-xfs-file-attributes-from-within-windows

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 10:57:14 AM »

That is not something that I can help you with. If you want help like that, which will VOID your warranty you an check out Buffalonas-central.org